Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my gf bought me a shorty antenna for my bday, went to take the old one out and ended up pulling the threading that is in the bezel out, still attached to the antenna. Is there anyway, if I get the threads to loosen up, to put the threading from the bezel back in securely?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So my gf bought me a shorty antenna for my bday, went to take the old one out and ended up pulling the threading that is in the bezel out, still attached to the antenna. Is there anyway, if I get the threads to loosen up, to put the threading from the bezel back in securely?
How did u manage to due that if its just a scew on type? Just wondering ....as to the threading can u post a pic on it to see how it looks?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it wouldn't screw off by hand so I got some pliers and the whole threading came out. Im not even sure how these new antennas fit. My antenna was a female, the new one is male. Ill go take a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Can the male part on the stock one come off

·
Registered
673 Posts
Either someone changed something or the threading is stuck because that shouldn't happen. When I changed mine I had to use a wrench, but once it got loose it came out just fine and I could plop the new one right in.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Why don't you return the shorty antenna and cut your stock antenna it's jut as good and free.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the threading out of the antenna. But it still confuses me why the antenna is female and the bezel has the threading? All of the antennas for sale are males. It looks stock to me.

Also I was thinking about getting the hidden antenna and deleting the bezel all together. Anybody done this?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
it looks like an aftermarket antennae, a universal one u can buy at autoparts store, i have one of those thats what it is stock is male fitting, universal gives u a stud male fittin to go into the stock antennae and the aftermarket antennae is female, thats whats happened someone used a universal antennae. thats probably y i didnt understand it before lol and i have one like it -_- i failed lol.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well there was two things wrong lol. But is there a stud I can buy that's a female to put in the bezel so I can put the male aftermarket antenna in?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
should be able to just remove the stud from the looks on the pic, all u gotta do is just screw it out and voula u can put in the new antennae

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hmmm unless the previous owner screwed it ip u have a good point. Personally i went to a junk yard and found the antennae piece off a v6 all u really need is the housing and ot will work just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts