Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fist, I have an 06, so I had the giant antenna that came stock. I replaced it with a shorty which was damaged in the MVA and hasn't come in the mail yet. As such I was wondering if it's okay to take a pair of bolt cutters to my stock antenna, chop it down to size, and have some form of radial until my custom piece arrives?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Yeah :) i refuse to buy a shorty because a cut stocker does the same thing for free...mine is cut down to 4"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah :) i refuse to buy a shorty because a cut stocker does the same thing for free...mine is cut down to 4"
Super awesome. Thanks for the super awesome quick reply. That's super awesome!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
How is it topped? This is a good idea but not sure how to 'top it off' for lack of a better term.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You can either file the end round...add a cap..or just rip your old ball off the cut top...shave the inside a bit then glue to the new tip. I prefer just filing the tip the blacking over the cut metal

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
You can either file the end round...add a cap..or just rip your old ball off the cut top...shave the inside a bit then glue to the new tip. I prefer just filing the tip the blacking over the cut metal
Sweet, like the shorty but like you can see paying for it.. Hmm might give this a go! Good info, thanks. :good:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I cut my stock one and welded the top ball on and painted it

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
My old car, I left it razor sharp. My stupid friends would **** with it and get cut. I'd say, first blood! Cavalier 1 ****** bag who can't leave things alone 0.
:headbang:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!

I just chopped it and called it a day. Anyone who gets sliced open... well, that's their own fault. And since my shorty billet antenna is in the mail, this chopped piece is only temporary.

Thing is, I don't love the way it looks; too skinny. The piece I had on, which I'm replacing now (thanks, MVA) with the same unit is a 3.5 inch, billet aluminum piece but it's noticeably thicker which looks nicer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts