Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my last ride with my stang she started running on 7 :( I got home parked it and found antifreeze in my 8th spark plug. Is that a head gasket leak or what could it be? Ps it's a new motor with only 15000kms I'm so mad right now I had money saved for performance parts and paint but now I feel like this could cost me. Any help would be appreciated thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Unfortunately that sounds like a head gasket leak. Luckily if your partial to wrenching, a new set isn't very expensive and if you did the work yourself you could still tackle the mod list.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just more upset because its a new motor:( but does anyone have a guide on doing this step by step

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You stated you "...found antifreeze in my 8th spark plug."?

Did you remove the plug and find coolant actually on the tip of the plug; or find coolant in the plug well?

·
Registered
525 Posts
So on my last ride with my stang she started running on 7 :( I got home parked it and found antifreeze in my 8th spark plug. Is that a head gasket leak or what could it be? Ps it's a new motor with only 15000kms I'm so mad right now I had money saved for performance parts and paint but now I feel like this could cost me. Any help would be appreciated thanks!!!
Inside the cylinder or on the outside

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cliffyk said:
You stated you "...found antifreeze in my 8th spark plug."?

Did you remove the plug and find coolant actually on the tip of the plug; or find coolant in the plug well?
In the well had to suck it out

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The it not a blown head gasket, the intake manifold gasket is likely leaking, or the manifold is cracked. Just to be sure, cylinder #8 is on the driver's side near the firewall--is that the one in question?

I ask because it is not uncommon for the #4 plug well to fill up with coolant when the heater core nipple or hose is cracked, or if the clamp is bad...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Passenger side closest to the fire wall
Number 4, check the heater core nipple and hose...

(the diagram is as seen from the driver's seat, those are the exhaust pipes, Où sensors, and catalytic converters shown below the block)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cliffyk said:
Number 4, check the heater core nipple and hose...

(the diagram is as seen from the driver's seat, those are the exhaust pipes, Où sensors, and catalytic converters shown below the block)
Ok how do I check that

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ok how do I check that
You look at it and see it if the nipple and/or hose are leaking. It is right by the #4 plug...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cliffyk said:
You look at it and see it if the nipple and/or hose are leaking. It is right by the #4 plug...
How hard will it be to fix? Or expensive? Ill look at it this weekend when I go to the garage it's in

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
How hard will it be to fix? Or expensive? Ill look at it this weekend when I go to the garage it's in
It depends on what is wrong with it. If the nipple is cracked there is no real solution other than replace the intake manifold, if the hose is cracked it might have to be replaced or cut-back a bit. Or it might just be that the clamp is loose, improperly installed, or not even there...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If intake manifold is cracked ill be buyin the chrome one then. But I'll have to see if I can see the hose you are talking about thanks for all the help I hope I can figure it out

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If its the farthest one on the passenger then its #7 cylinder and more than likely its the hose goin from the manifold to the heater. Its a usual thing that commonly breaks on the intake mani.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If intake manifold is cracked ill be buyin the chrome one then. But I'll have to see if I can see the hose you are talking about thanks for all the help I hope I can figure it out
It's kind of buried in there, but it's the only hose coming vertically out of the intake manifold in that area.

The stock manifold performs as well as or better than any of the cheap rip-off aluminum manifolds available on eBay--so it you buy a shiny one get it from one of the name-brand aftermarket vendors.

You can get the FRPP PI intake from a number of online vendors for $240, with many offering free shipping...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I hope this image helps

ForumRunner_20121119_233647.png

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Btw dont ask its my brothers motor and he had the same problem deff not my motor lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts