Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had coolant leaking from the cross line hose that runs from the back of the motor to the front ending at the rear of the water pump? The line runs underneath the intake manifold. I changed the hose that connects the steel hose to the water pump and changed the clamps. It fixed the issue but it started to leak again. Just wanted to know if somebody had the same issue and how got it fixed..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do u have the stock manifold on it or the PI one? When I did my PI swap I had a small leak right behind the water pump under the manifold. Depends on how big and where the leak is but I ran about a 1/4 bead of high temp rtv around the connection and it has held for a year with my abuse on the car lol , And if u don't already get a PI intake

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine don't have the pi intake but has the revised non-pi one. My leak is comming directly from the cross hose. I think the clamps I used to tighten the hose to the cross pipe are not for high temps. So when the engine temp increases to normal levels, the clamps expand and coolant leaks. What do u think?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Guys, I'm new to the forum but have owned my 2000 GT since new. I have not changed the intake yet but my leak is not at the hose, these intakes also tend to leak/crack right above the driver's spark plug/ignition coil at the back of the motor. Pull your coil and plug out and check for corrosion. One symptom might be hesitation when you try to get on it--like it's not firing on all cylinders. Anyway, pull the intake and replace with a new one. Edelbrock has an aluminum one that's really affordable--about $200. I'm ordering mine next week. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya I would at least pull the intake if I were u just to be safe. But if u want to replace those hoses that u were talking about first and see what happens that might not be a bad idea .

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Or put regular hose clamps. That's what my car has and they hold up fine , If u have to buy a new intake get a PI It's a noticeable power gain and If u end up having to replace ur intake that's what I would do lol. Upgrade

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the help. Hopefully I'll get this issue resolved within the next couple of days.

·
Registered
886 Posts
MMVEC said:
Guys, I'm new to the forum but have owned my 2000 GT since new. I have not changed the intake yet but my leak is not at the hose, these intakes also tend to leak/crack right above the driver's spark plug/ignition coil at the back of the motor. Pull your coil and plug out and check for corrosion. One symptom might be hesitation when you try to get on it--like it's not firing on all cylinders. Anyway, pull the intake and replace with a new one. Edelbrock has an aluminum one that's really affordable--about $200. I'm ordering mine next week. Hope this helps!
Did u replace intake yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts