Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a misfire code in cylinder 3, so I pulled out the coil and it was covered with antifreeze. I just flushed my radiator last week and since then It has been spittin and acting like it was goin to cut off. Anybody know what's wrong? Need to know somethin asap! Thanks

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
you probably have a small leak up top somewhere , like a hose ? hopefully its not the intake manifold , 4.6 are known to crack ....... anyway where ever its leaking its finding its way into the spark plug holes ..........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm goin to check everything out tomorrow. It wouldn't possibly be a cracked block? I've been readin around, but I really don't think it's that because I still have all the power as I usually do.

·
Registered
185 Posts
TIME FOR A NEW AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD!!!!!! welcome to the family buddy, that is a common issue for the 96-04 mod motor. swap it with a ford raceing model, you will be happy you did.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have been lookin at gettin a new one anyway. My car just rolled over 174,000 miles so I probably needed another

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your worried about a cracked block, cylinder head or head gasket take your radiator cap off start the car and check to see if the coolant is bubbling if so this could indicate any one of the three above

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I flushed my radiator last week and its weird because it didn't start spitting until after I did it. I put 1 gallon of antifreeze and the rest water. It doesn't get real cold down here in georgia so that's why I only put 1 gallon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Make sure you use a 50/50 mixture of coolant and water I'm from NC and that's plenty of protection from cold a 50/50 mix is good to about -40F

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another thing you can do to check about a head leak is start your car and if you smell a sweet smell coming from your exhaust your getting coolant into the cylinder somewhere

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
2002Gt said:
I flushed my radiator last week and its weird because it didn't start spitting until after I did it. I put 1 gallon of antifreeze and the rest water. It doesn't get real cold down here in georgia so that's why I only put 1 gallon.
Always 50/50 always. If you just flushed you could have an air pocket that will create a 'hot spot' which could cause a blown gasket or cracked manifold from the heat and or added pressure.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm dropping my car off at my uncles this mornin and we are goin to look at it this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts