Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have something going on with my car. when i turn on the AC it smells like antifreeze. I dont see any antifreeze leeking but my level is slowly droping. Anyone have any idea what this could be and how much its gonna suck to fix?

Attachments

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
its got to be leaking somewhere lol. It doesnt just disappear. You tried letting the car idle with the a/c on and check under the car and all your hoses?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
steedav6builder said:
i have something going on with my car. when i turn on the AC it smells like antifreeze. I dont see any antifreeze leeking but my level is slowly droping. Anyone have any idea what this could be and how much its gonna suck to fix?
What year is your car, and how many miles do you have? Do you only smell the coolant when the A/C is on?

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have the exact same problem but i have found the leak...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Wow it could be under the hood or it could be in your car at the passanger side behind the dash near the top of the carpet, the heater core could be leaking

Check your carpet to see if it is wet!!! if it is not the heater core is probably is good unless it is the hose going into the fire wall.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had that, too. Right after that my A/C compressor clutch blew and they replaced my compressor. Not saying that that had anything to do with it... But I haven't smelled anything since then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts