Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anyways or upgrades i can do to get more power out of my stock auto 90 gt with out buying a new motor or going to a coyote ?? Any help much appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Does anyone know anyways or upgrades i can do to get more power out of my stock auto 90 gt with out buying a new motor or going to a coyote ?? Any help much appreciated
Check out the in the beginning thread in the stickies. There is some useful info in there for starting out. Then there's always a H/C/I swap for even more hp.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Look into the trick flow track heat top end kit. Heads, cam and intake will give you around 350 to the wheels. Compared to the stock 225 hp it a huge step up for about 1900 bucks. It's a great bang for your buck

·
Banned
422 Posts
Blown347 said:
Look into the trick flow track heat top end kit. Heads, cam and intake will give you around 350 to the wheels. Compared to the stock 225 hp it a huge step up for about 1900 bucks. It's a great bang for your buck
That 350 is at the crank. Roughly 280-300 at the wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was kinda thinking about putting a hellion heat system on it with low boost so I don't crack the block cuz I think what are they only rated for like 550hp befor they split?

·
Banned
422 Posts
It all depends on the tune. DSS racing sells a main girdle that will allow a stock block to handle 650+ hp. But you will need a good tune regardless

·
Banned
422 Posts
I would definitely do your heads, cam and intake first. Also swap out your rear end gears if they are stock to 3.55, 3.73 or 4.10s. Upgrade the fuel system and suspension and work your way up to a turbo or supercharged setup.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do u know what heads and intake would be good like frpp gt-40s and a trickflow also a frpp b303 cam?

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
keaton5.0 said:
I would definitely do your heads, cam and intake first. Also swap out your rear end gears if they are stock to 3.55, 3.73 or 4.10s. Upgrade the fuel system and suspension and work your way up to a turbo or supercharged setup.
If he is gonna run a turbo I would stay to 3.55 gears or smaller. Other wise he won't be in boost very long.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been hearing good things bout this kit hp/ $ wise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys and to u know what trickflow lifters I would need sense they don't come with the kit? And I was planning on running the Hellion 61mm heat turbo system

1 - 20 of 25 Posts