Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove the hardware in the suspension area and some nuts and bolts are stuck solid. I've sprayed some PB blaster and it loosened it up a small bit but still no luck on the actual removal of the hardware

·
Registered
438 Posts
Trying to remove the hardware in the suspension area and some nuts and bolts are stuck solid. I've sprayed some PB blaster and it loosened it up a small bit but still no luck on the actual removal of the hardware
Heat it up and then try to loosen it

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
How much do torch's run? And it won't but the sheet metal surrounding the nut?
Get a handheld one for under 30$ bucks prob at any hardware store , Home Depot , lowes, etc... You'll be fine just heat the suckers up they should budge

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everyone's help. If it wasn't for this forum, my car would just be sitting here with me not knowing what to do

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Thanks for everyone's help. If it wasn't for this forum, my car would just be sitting here with me not knowing what to do
No problem bro

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Something like this is all you really need and your local hardware store or Walmart will have it just not really sure about price
Exactly..pretty sure I've seen them at Walmart for cheap around 30$

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Just be careful with the torch around fuel lines and rubber lines, bushings, etc. the torch can be found in the plumbing dept. get one with a built in igniter they're easier to mess with.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Don't get a pancake style one. Get a good one with at least 20 gallon or at least 5hp
+1
Most of the automotive type tools require 80-90 psi to function and at that rate you need some tank storage or else your compressor will be running every 2 minutes. Get the biggest you can afford and then get the next size. The little ones are only good for filling tires and airbrushing and finish nail guns.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts