Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to head to my local dealership today to test drive a 5.0. I know for sure that they will not have a car with the options I want so I will probably have them find it for me. I am looking to get a gt premium with recaro seats, nav , and track pack. Is there anyone on here that bought their car with those options? If so how much is the most I should pay for it ? When test driving what should I look for in the transmission? The reason I ask is because I know some people said that their car had shifting issues and that they test drove others and didn't notice it . Any tips help guys. I have also decided that I will take either the sterling grey or the deep impact blue. I couldn't decide on just one so whichever has the options I want I will take .

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The deep impact blue looks amazing. Never been a fan of grey cars. As for the trans, it should be firm but smooth. Don't try to rush it. Price is very area dependant but if your looking at a 13, with those options. (I really suggest the interior upgrade one too. But I'm a sucker for that stuff.) your looking at 35 - 38 ish as a decent deal. My favourite tactic in haggling is always to find out what they want as a base price. Knock a grand off it and say that's my out the door price (so taxes and dealer fees are on them not you) those fees and taxes really add up. I've saved alot of money that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Invoice with out the Recaro seats is $38,370. I'm not sure how much the Recaro's will add but I can't imagine it being much over $1K.

Depending on who you work for you may qualify for the X plan. The X plan is (invoice X .004) + $275.00. Depending on what the local dealer charges for dealer handling the X price may be better than a straight invoice deal since the X plan prohibits the dealer from charging more than $99 for the dealer handling fee.

If you do not qualify for the X plan do not pay a dollar over invoice. The dealer still makes money when they sell at invoice because they retain the hold back and they will most likely get a spin (bonus) from the manufacturer for selling you the car.

If you have a trade in make sure to educate yourself on the value because they will low ball you on your trade in. Car Price, Used Car Value, Book Value | NADAguides | NADA Price Value, NADA Book Value, Specs, NADA Trade In Value & Vehicle Pricing | NADA Book Price & Car Cost Guides | NADA Car Value, Car Book Appraisal Value, Owner Costs, NADA Auto Value Appraisa is your best friend when it comes to determining the trade value of the vehicle.

There is currently an offer to have $2,000 in rebates or factory financing which is 0% for 48 months 0.9% for 60 or 2.9% for 72 months. These offers cannot be combined. If you have a credit union you can likely get the 2.9% from them and take the $2,000 in rebates.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The deep impact blue looks amazing. Never been a fan of grey cars. As for the trans, it should be firm but smooth. Don't try to rush it. Price is very area dependant but if your looking at a 13, with those options. (I really suggest the interior upgrade one too. But I'm a sucker for that stuff.) your looking at 35 - 38 ish as a decent deal. My favourite tactic in haggling is always to find out what they want as a base price. Knock a grand off it and say that's my out the door price (so taxes and dealer fees are on them not you) those fees and taxes really add up. I've saved alot of money that way.
Great advice I will use it . Thanks =]

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Invoice with out the Recaro seats is $38,370. I'm not sure how much the Recaro's will add but I can't imagine it being much over $1K.

Depending on who you work for you may qualify for the X plan. The X plan is (invoice X .004) + $275.00. Depending on what the local dealer charges for dealer handling the X price may be better than a straight invoice deal since the X plan prohibits the dealer from charging more than $99 for the dealer handling fee.

If you do not qualify for the X plan do not pay a dollar over invoice. The dealer still makes money when they sell at invoice because they retain the hold back and they will most likely get a spin (bonus) from the manufacturer for selling you the car.

If you have a trade in make sure to educate yourself on the value because they will low ball you on your trade in. Car Price, Used Car Value, Book Value | NADAguides | NADA Price Value, NADA Book Value, Specs, NADA Trade In Value & Vehicle Pricing | NADA Book Price & Car Cost Guides | NADA Car Value, Car Book Appraisal Value, Owner Costs, NADA Auto Value Appraisa is your best friend when it comes to determining the trade value of the vehicle.

There is currently an offer to have $2,000 in rebates or factory financing which is 0% for 48 months 0.9% for 60 or 2.9% for 72 months. These offers cannot be combined. If you have a credit union you can likely get the 2.9% from them and take the $2,000 in rebates.
I am looking to trade in my f250. It gave the trade in value of 24000 clean and 22500 average . Does that sound about right? If so how much is the least i should I get for it? I bought this truck off of this dealership a little over a year ago certified pre owned and I am paying extended warranty for it too

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Wouldn't the recaro seats and the nav already be the most you can upgrade the interior? or is there more?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Try to order the car through them, you get a better deal since if you get it form another dealer through the given dealer the original dealer keeps all the dealer kick backs etc.

There are rebates and then dealer rebates, they dont tell you about the kick backs the dealer gets but you can find out online. They probably wont acknowledge it etc but you know they have it.

Pay invoice, know invoice as well. Buying at the end of the month is good since they try to meet quotas.

Take up as much time as you can so they feel invested in you buying.

Go around to other dealers, if the deal is better GET IT ITEMIZED IN A QUOTE SHEET from that dealer, this alone saved me as the other dealer had to match it :) and said "no they didnt add it up right so its 200.00 more" I had my quote sheet and BAM they droped the price to match :)

Ordering a car should end up being cheaper, no overhead of it being on the lot etc, rolls off the truck and you buy so they get cash earlier.

Ask for brochures from ford (go to ford.com etc) usually they will include a 750.00 off coupon on new vehicles that you can use. Not all have it but keep requesting, they expire after like X months from time you get it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My personal tip is to go in late in the day. If the dealership closes at 9 pm go in at about 8 PM. Be sure to stay past nine asking a lot of questions you already know the answers to. When I bought my 5.0 we didn't agree on a price until about 9:45. At about 9:15 I had actually stood up and walked out because of price. They came running after me and finally after a little more bargaining they gave me the price I wanted. Be sure to mention how much you like the challenger and Camero's (even though you don't).

Thanks my two cents. Also stay away from numbers focus on a term and a monthly payment. Use terms like 400$ per month 5 months for example vs just talking overall numbers. This makes it so they can't sneak in as many extra fees.

Good luck. Be sure to post pictures after you drive away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys so the msrp on the car is 41,525. This is including recaro leather seats. Nav . Track pack. I test drove the 3.31 gears it is fassst. They will have to bring me the car from another dealership though since they do not have it here. They want to give me around 16k for the truck and the value is at least 22500 for trade in. They told me that they go off of the price that they can get the truck at an auction and not kbb or Nada if that's what it's called. Tips? How much to pay for the car?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ok guys so the msrp on the car is 41,525. This is including recaro leather seats. Nav . Track pack. I test drove the 3.31 gears it is fassst. They will have to bring me the car from another dealership though since they do not have it here. They want to give me around 16k for the truck and the value is at least 22500 for trade in. They told me that they go off of the price that they can get the truck at an auction and not kbb or Nada if that's what it's called. Tips? How much to pay for the car?
41 for a gt is way too much, i would get a used boss for that $$$

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know where you guys are coming from and i appreciate the advice but i have no use for a boss 302. I have seen alot of people on this forum pay 38 or a little more which is what i will probably end up paying. The only reason I am willing to pay that much is because i always end up installing stereo systems and a bunch of crap on my cars and in a way i feel like it loses it value. This way I dont mess with the interior at all and i only do exterior and performance mods. I know alot of you probably trade in your cars and get new cars often but the deal with me is that i will have this car for a long time. Another reason why i dont believe its too bad of an idea is because of the people I see that have paid that much for their mustangs are completely happy with them!

I would like it if you guys could help me with the pricing on this specific vehicle please.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I know where you guys are coming from and i appreciate the advice but i have no use for a boss 302. I have seen alot of people on this forum pay 38 or a little more which is what i will probably end up paying. The only reason I am willing to pay that much is because i always end up installing stereo systems and a bunch of crap on my cars and in a way i feel like it loses it value. This way I dont mess with the interior at all and i only do exterior and performance mods. I know alot of you probably trade in your cars and get new cars often but the deal with me is that i will have this car for a long time. Another reason why i dont believe its too bad of an idea is because of the people I see that have paid that much for their mustangs are completely happy with them!

I would like it if you guys could help me with the pricing on this specific vehicle please.
Well said man, you are 100% correct.

With this current car at 41 i would start the negotiation at 35 and u shouldn't pay more that 38500 or so but it varies. Good luck!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Could look online, if your curious for other cars, tons of deals out there,

I think that dealership would work with you more because you shopped there before.

A lot of people told me to go used or a car with about 10k on it. But I'm gonna keep mine forever and it's worth it to me, to know my rear-end has been only one in the car

1 - 20 of 54 Posts