Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im helping my mom find car and she wants an old mustang she wants 1960-1977 any color but near texas it can be used but she wants it 0 to 10,000 is fine she said she doesn't care if its used or mest up or not we could fix it up if there is any mustang like that please give me an answer. thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try to stick with a Mustang from 1965-1973, they look and perform A LOT better than the 1974-1977 Mustangs (Mustang II). Your best bet will be to check craigslist.com, ebay, or the local newspaper. You should be able to find a really nice coupe for $10,000. Just make sure to check for rust, that's the main problem with these cars. Check for rust in the following areas:

-Frame rails
-Floor pan
-Trunk
-Cowl (pour some water down the vents right below the windshield on the outside and if any water makes it's way inside the car, pass it up)

Also check to make sure that it is mechanically sound (if you're buying a restored car) and if you need to, find somebody that you know that is knowledgeable about cars and take them along. Feel free to email me if you have any questions, and good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just so you know, there is a HUGE difference between the 64-73 Mustangs and the 74-77 mustangs in quality, performance, and value.
Generally, you're not going to find a classic mustang in even fair shape for less than $10,000.
But, check Hemmings Motor News to see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Take a look at bindulgent.com. They have the best prices on classics and other hard to find cars. I just looked and there were some amazing deals on Mustangs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts