Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of my known mods ( its copied and pasted I know some of these parts don't add hp lol) Mac long tube headers
Bbk catted h pipes
Flow master 40 series muffler dumped
24 pound injectors ( there not stock for sure)
Cobra intake manifold
Bbk 70mm thotle body
Ac delete
3-4 inch cowl hood with hood pins
American racing 17" rims
Msd distributor cap
9mmSpark plug wires
K&N filter (drop in)
I thought I had gt40 heads but I could not find the gt badge or bars I don't think there the stock heads but probably are lol
Unknown if it has a cam haven't had a need to go in engine
I figured this dyno should give me a rough idea how deep the previous guy got into the engine so I know where to pick up and I Figured I can just ask a ****load of questions
I know its just a guess and my info gets kinda foggy where the real hp gets put down lol but work with me I go later today to get it dynoed

·
Registered
493 Posts
Here is a list of my known mods ( its copied and pasted I know some of these parts don't add hp lol) Mac long tube headers
Bbk catted h pipes
Flow master 40 series muffler dumped
24 pound injectors ( there not stock for sure)
Cobra intake manifold
Bbk 70mm thotle body
Ac delete
3-4 inch cowl hood with hood pins
American racing 17" rims
Msd distributor cap
9mmSpark plug wires
K&N filter (drop in)
I thought I had gt40 heads but I could not find the gt badge or bars I don't think there the stock heads but probably are lol
Unknown if it has a cam haven't had a need to go in engine
I figured this dyno should give me a rough idea how deep the previous guy got into the engine so I know where to pick up and I Figured I can just ask a ****load of questions
I know its just a guess and my info gets kinda foggy where the real hp gets put down lol but work with me I go later today to get it dynoed
You do have some nice stuff man! Bolt on a set of gt40s or P heads and some 1.7 roller rockers. Here's a pic of fuel injectors. Kind of blurry tho...

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes sir! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

You do have some nice stuff man! Bolt on a set of gt40s or P heads and some 1.7 roller rockers. Here's a pic of fuel injectors. Kind of blurry tho...
The machine shop I'm gettin my head work done at estimated my HP at 275RWHP. gt40s rebuilt, ported and polished, 5 angle valve job, stiffer springs, 1.7 rr, stock cam. gt40 intake ported and polished, and all supporting mods I have. They might be a little generous on that estimate, but we'll see come dyno tune time!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
215 rwhp - 225 rwhp
You were the closest 206.52 hp and 255.16 tq that was all thee dyno runs average

Text Font Document Paper

He said stock ones dyno around 177 so about 30hp increase in mods did not catch average tq he saw

He said I should get afr 185, custom ground cam and a Better intake manifold he could put out the most but the cheapest route putting down 325ish with the trick flow kit my cobra intake was not cutting it
Or I can spend 16 thousand on a 560something hp cobra custom engine they build that was his most expensive option that would look the best under the hood and run circles around everything else I shoulda snapped a pic for you guys

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You were the closest 206.52 hp and 255.16 tq that was all thee dyno runs average

He said stock ones dyno around 177 so about 30hp increase in mods did not catch average tq he saw

He said I should get afr 185, custom ground cam and a Better intake manifold he could put out the most but the cheapest route putting down 325ish with the trick flow kit my cobra intake was not cutting it
Or I can spend 16 thousand on a 560something hp cobra custom engine they build that was his most expensive option that would look the best under the hood and run circles around everything else I shoulda snapped a pic for you guys
To give you an idea , I gave a 308 shortblock , Edelbrock performer heads , Edelbrock performer intake ported / polished , trickflow stage. 1 cam with1.7 rrs, , 80mm MAF with 30lb injectors , 75mm TB, o/r exhaust and I dynoed at 310rwhp / 328tq

·
Registered
861 Posts

View attachment 91851

Or build a better engine for WAY less lol

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/index.php/1074-1.-Crate-Engine.html

that engine plus a 200 shot of nitrous ^_^

I'm not saying that's what I would do... But if I was going to spend 16k on an engine you better believe it will put out more that 550hp

http://www.ultrastreet.net/engines/598_bigdawg_twisted.php

this one is close to 16k and nearly double that output. Just saying. I know its a chevy...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I think I'm going to do all my building ....there pricing is not good but It seems like they do very good work and are knowledgeable so porting and polishing and after I chip my car tuning or anything i cant do if I decide to not to get the Anderson tuner

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just remember, what good is 500 hp if you can't get that power to the ground? Just cuz you put out a lot of power doesn't mean it's usable.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I would build a better less expensive motor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just remember, what good is 500 hp if you can't get that power to the ground? Just cuz you put out a lot of power doesn't mean it's usable.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I would build a better less expensive motor.
The engine was heads, alt, and everything nice and shiny to drop in and go dam near they had one in this 2 seater cobra that looked beautiful

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love my fox. Am running 331 stroker with T/F stage 2 cam, afr 195 heads, bbk intake,bbk headers,bbk maf, 1.7 rockers,gear drives,msd ignition, 30# injectors, bbk rail, Mann's racing t-5 , 97 gt rear end w/ disc brakes, Wahl 255 pump, 3:73 gears, cobra computer w/ bama tune. Any guesses from anyone on this hp?? Ran a 11.58 @ 134 mph on second pass at track on 315/35's nittos nt05. Not dyno tuned yet it needs bigger injectors

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I love my fox. Am running 331 stroker with T/F stage 2 cam, afr 195 heads, bbk intake,bbk headers,bbk maf, 1.7 rockers,gear drives,msd ignition, 30# injectors, bbk rail, Mann's racing t-5 , 97 gt rear end w/ disc brakes, Wahl 255 pump, 3:73 gears, cobra computer w/ bama tune. Any guesses from anyone on this hp?? Ran a 11.58 @ 134 mph on second pass at track on 315/35's nittos nt05. Not dyno tuned yet it needs bigger injectors
Just going off my brothers 347 stroker with AFR 225 heads, I'd say 390-430rwhp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts