Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Do you own a Roush Stage 3 Mustang?

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
Got 2 427R’s, which is slightly above the stage 3.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure do. i have a 2019 RS3 #156. Just bought this gem 3 weeks ago. Not sure how this survived on the dealers lot for as long as it did, but lucky me.
I bought my 2018 Jackhammer Oct of 2019 brand new. I hawked that car starting Nov 2018 and kept in contact with the dealership. The cars was located in Atlanta and I live in the Charleston, SC area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You were really lucky too. I guess you finally wore them down. I think When the dealer mark ups on the GT500 go down to MSRP, the stage 3’s are going to be in big trouble. To be honest the only reason I bought this Roush over the GT500 was the 25k mark up and the fact I could get the 0% financing on the Roush when I couldn’t get it on the GT500

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car was listed at 74k and I got it for 59k including delivery from Atlanta to my house. It has 86 miles on it and now has 6500.

there are deals to be had if you don't get in a big hurry.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a 2014 Stage 2, sometimes wish I had added the Supercharger, but wouldn't go the added $8k.:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got 2 427R’s, which is slightly above the stage 3.

/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but this is not correct. I also have a 2007 427R. They are a unique car in the Roush line but they were not above a stage 3. Actually they are slightly below a stage 3 due to have a stage 2 suspension system. Stage 3 cars have a unique and much more aggressive suspension system. A 427R car was a price point car which was very popular during its run due to having the supercharged engine package as the stage 3 cars had but without many of the other options that stage 3 cars had which drove the price up.

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
Lighter, and more power, but not by much. Differences in the suspension aren’t as big as you think. Different yes, but the gap in them is not as big as the Trak Pak cars. Hence slightly above.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love Roush people and talking about these cars. And I am pretty knowledgeable about the 427s, but I would have to respectfully disagree with your accessment. 427s have always been considered below a stage 3 just as a stage 3 was considered below a Trak Pak car. Not trying to start anything. All great cars.

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
No worries. My experiences show a different story; but you do you and I’ll do me.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a regular GT Track-Pac car with a heavily upgraded Roush “Phase 3” setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts