Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wazzup everybody, I just found this web page and it rocks! But anyways, I'm wanting to paint some of the interior of my car, and was looking for any suggestions on color, what to paint, etc. Here is a relatively new pic of my interior. I have a lot of billet aluminum accessories and a white car. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Hey ZIM, look he needs a ZIM plate!!!!!!! umm but for paint, well i dont know, I would not paint it. looks clean right now ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Since you have a white car and a black interior, I'd say going with white would be a nice clean contrast. I'd recommend painting your door bezels, vents, shifter & radio bezel, and finally painting the horse on your wheel and mustang lettering on the passenger airbag.

Advance Auto Parts sells a brand of interior vinyl paints, those work perfect and are what I had used. Finally, be sure to use a clear coat/lacquer to seal everything in nicely.

Best of luck and welcome to the site :thumbsup:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually looked at those panels ZIM is selling, they're beautiful. but, as of now, I don't really have anything to hook them to. I do have 2 10 inch blue neons under the seats, but im sorta happy with plugging them into the acc port on the center console. I rewired them so I only have to use 1 plug for the 2 lights 8) but, for anyone who tihnks thats a good idea, when it quits working after the first time, you blew the fuse in the plug. I just borrowed an unneeded fuse from work to fix it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ok I'm kinda partial to how I have mine done...but how about Satin Silver for a Paint contrast as suggested with the parts that Shahrum mentioned above...

I think personbally white interior pieces look a bit to tacky, but to each there own!

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, I was looking at a silver thats supposed to have a sorta chrome edge to it. I'm afraid that it'll contrast too much with my aluminum though. I even checked to see how much those pieces are to replace from Ford, and holy crap! I figure if i need to fix them, I'll check around for a wrecked stang.
But I was thinking silver, white has a ricer look to me. No offense to anybody... :)

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
hmm... sorry about that. guess i clicked 2x..?
i got your back on that one ;)

my vote goes for keeping it the way it is now... im not a huge interior paint fan

·
Registered
800 Posts
THATS GAWD AWFUL!

If you are curious about the Silver trims and all, look at a 2003 Mach1 they have silver accents in them... And ours I just painted the door bezels and upper dash vents to match aswell.

Looks very nice with blk/silver

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really love the interiors of 1999 Anniversary editions... they're beautiful. the seats are leather with silver and parts of the door panel are silver. They also have the 35th anniversary gauge bezel. I want one so bad, but i can't find a cheap(er) one. I keep lookin on ebay, but somebody is always willin to bid a lot of money for the ones i bid on. oh well, ill get on one day... haha.

The red/ carbon fiber is icky... too much IMO too. I don't like carbon fiber at all though. I don't like the steering wheel either.
I need to get a pic of my steering wheel on here so I can show off my cruise buttons. they're my fav aluminum addition so far.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I like the mats on that last pic dom, only in blue tho :headbang: , But Yeah I wont paint my inside, the only part will get painted will be the pony on the wheel in silver, and the Mustang on the pas side in red. thats all./

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya know, looking closer at that car, it does look orange... Maybe its the light, cuz surely no owner of an orange car would paint the inside red... :-?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
yea i bet its just the sunlight makin it look orange

1 - 19 of 19 Posts