Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Keep the surface nice and slick with spray,do small sections at a time and wipe dry before you move on to the next section,kneed your clay when it starts to get a little dirty,tear your clay in half (if you have a newer car half a piece should be fine) and most important.......if you drop it.....toss it. Dont even think about using that piece again.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
DDTCM said:
Keep the surface nice and slick with spray,do small sections at a time and wipe dry before you move on to the next section,kneed your clay when it starts to get a little dirty,tear your clay in half (if you have a newer car half a piece should be fine) and most important.......if you drop it.....toss it. Dont even think about using that piece again.
+10000

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Realistically, they are the same product.

Macguires, mothers... Both are good.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you hurt the paint ? And I picked up mothers kit today.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Wash, clay bar, wash, paint sealant, then wax ? What's the process ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
As long as you don't press hard AND use plenty of the spray... Gently glide it across the surface. Fold as discussed above.

So wash, clay bar/polish, wash, wax (meguir's tech wax 2.0 is a synthetic sealer/wax. Works really good).

The reality is I never have done the second wash... Just a really good wipe down with the detailer. But it would be better to wash.

I have also done the clay bar while washing (still using their detailer/lube). Hence the need for only 1 car wash. I'm just lazy!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nhcowboy said:
As long as you don't press hard AND use plenty of the spray... Gently glide it across the surface. Fold as discussed above.

So wash, clay bar/polish, wash, wax (meguir's tech wax 2.0 is a synthetic sealer/wax. Works really good).

The reality is I never have done the second wash... Just a really good wipe down with the detailer. But it would be better to wash.

I have also done the clay bar while washing (still using their detailer/lube). Hence the need for only 1 car wash. I'm just lazy!!
If I use that tech wax can I do a paste wax over that ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Won't hurt. I've done that, but the gloss on the TW is unbelievable. May not be worth the effort.

I don't wax over it and I have a black car. Like. Glass.

Prep is important... If you have major flaws, a clear coat safe polish and orbital will do a better job than the clay bar... Sometimes I do that instead if the clay bar. That is what takes the minor flaws out (scratches/swirl marks).

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nhcowboy said:
Won't hurt. I've done that, but the gloss on the TW is unbelievable. May not be worth the effort.

I don't wax over it and I have a black car. Like. Glass.

Prep is important... If you have major flaws, a clear coat safe polish and orbital will do a better job than the clay bar... Sometimes I do that instead if the clay bar. That is what takes the minor flaws out (scratches/swirl marks).
I'll just use the tech wax.. How many coats do you do?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Only 1.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I go can 1-3 months. Depends on how often it rains. And I wash her 1-2 times a week. And detail spray every other day or as needed. Side effects include uncontrollable drooling and dry eyes from staring without blinking.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nhcowboy said:
I go can 1-3 months. Depends on how often it rains. And I wash her 1-2 times a week. And detail spray every other day or as needed. Side effects include uncontrollable drooling and dry eyes from staring without blinking.
I never really used detail spray maybe I should start so I don't have to wash my car every 2 days lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts