Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
With money you can't install any thing don't listen to this guy lol call ford parts department talk to them about it the only challenge will be the gauges and more then likely you'll only be able to do one color use google.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
With money you can't install any thing don't listen to this guy lol call ford parts department talk to them about it the only challenge will be the gauges and more then likely you'll only be able to do one color use google.
Lol okay dude whatever you say! I already tried they simply said u have to get it when u buy the car and I called three dealers in my area and my friend who works for ford ask his manager if it could be done and they said they wouldn't do it. They can order u the stuff but said goodluck "trying" to install it all that it's damn near impossible

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
To change backlighting on your gauages is impossible ? Highly doubtful hard yes impossible no. Find a wrecked gt with my color and take what you need and get ford to set the crap up . It's called google

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
To change backlighting on your gauages is impossible ? Highly doubtful hard yes impossible no. Find a wrecked gt with my color and take what you need and get ford to set the crap up . It's called google
Whatever man unless I see anyone here or anyone else do it successfully ima go with what my friend at ford told me

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I've yet to see anyone successfully upgrade to a mycolor setup, even after a google search of the subject lol. Apparently the car's computer has a hand in mycolor which makes it a lot tougher than simply swapping out the gauge assembly like older years. OP, if you want one specific set color, you could always open up the assembly and physically replace the backlight LEDs lol.

On another note, you yourself said upgrading to mycolor on the 2010+ mustangs would be near impossible due to everything involved. Here's the link:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t

So please be a lil more respectful when talking with fellow members of the forums. We're all simply trying to share our knowledge with someone who has a question.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
And if you read what I said it would be possible to do a SINGLE color lol :) just hate tellin someone they can't do something. If you have the money someone will get your gauges to e a different color. Lol the footwells, cup area, and the door ones can all be done easily . The gauges are the ones that pose a challenege

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
And if you read what I said it would be possible to do a SINGLE color lol :) just hate tellin someone they can't do something. If you have the money someone will get your gauges to e a different color. Lol the footwells, cup area, and the door ones can all be done easily . The gauges are the ones that pose a challenege
I said they CAN'T do the MyColor never mentioned anything of simply replacing their black gauges with a GT white one and then wiring up acouple LED's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts