Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some type of decal or stripes for my Lava Red Mustang to make it stand out because of the fact that it looks just plain black in some light. If you put any decals or stripes on, what color did you use??

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Lava red is an interesting color to work with, not many people on here have it. Do you want the stripes to clearly stand out, or do you want them to compliment the paint? From looking at your picture at first i thought it was black lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lava red is an interesting color to work with, not many people on here have it. Do you want the stripes to clearly stand out, or do you want them to compliment the paint? From looking at your picture at first i thought it was black lol.
Lol yeaah, that's my pet peeve, everyone is like that's a pretty black Mustang, I'm like NO, it's a LAVA RED Mustang lol So I want it to compliment it in a way that you can see it's not black, but the point in buying decals in to make your car stand out more. I'm thinking matte black on the Lava will look nice, but not sure.

Does this pic help with showing the actual color?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id say do white
I don't have white anywhere else on my car though, the interior is Lava Red and Charcoal leather, so I was going to go with at least black or red. Thank you though, that would really make it stand out! :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'd go matte black. On a dark deep toned color, it will only enhance it. It'll be nice and subtle, but still noticeable and will stand out above the rest

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd go matte black. On a dark deep toned color, it will only enhance it. It'll be nice and subtle, but still noticeable and will stand out above the rest
That seems to be the logical decision, thank you! I need something to enhance it, but I don't want it to be too out there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That seems to be the logical decision, thank you! I need something to enhance it, but I don't want it to be too out there.
I would go to a place that does vinyl lettering or signs and let them put a few colors up to it to see which one you like better before buying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would go to a place that does vinyl lettering or signs and let them put a few colors up to it to see which one you like better before buying.
Great idea! Thanks, I didn't think if that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great idea! Thanks, I didn't think if that.
They may also be able to do a color that is not normally seen on a Mustang since you have a fairly rare color car just to keep it different. You can also change the normal striping size or style and create your own style and size. Good luck and would love to see the pics afterwards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna def try and see what the matte black will look like, gonna go with the Boss decals for sure though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lol yeaah, that's my pet peeve, everyone is like that's a pretty black Mustang, I'm like NO, it's a LAVA RED Mustang lol So I want it to compliment it in a way that you can see it's not black, but the point in buying decals in to make your car stand out more. I'm thinking matte black on the Lava will look nice, but not sure.

Does this pic help with showing the actual color?
My MCA pkg. came with the black strip.

I have actually gotten into arguments with people about the color of my car!!! Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My MCA pkg. came with the black strip.

I have actually gotten into arguments with people about the color of my car!!! Lol
Oh, I do all the time. It makes me angry that people think they even have a right telling me I'm wrong about the color of my own damn car lol I unfortunately got pulled over for the first time in my life in my new baby and the cop even asked why my registration said red when my car wasn't red... -_-

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It's simple mechanics of contrast. If you want to make a dark color appear brighter, put it next to something darker. Black vinyl will make your lava red pop out. White will have the opposite effect and make the color appear darker.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts