Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the mail the other day and saw a letter from Ford. Oh no! Recall notice.. I saw this coming. It was the notorious Chinese airbag that may "in the event of a front end collision, discharge metal shrapnel into the face of the drivers seat occupant". Only the drivers side air bag for some reason though. The letter doesn't say to come in yet.. just that they're going to notify us when they have the parts to set up an appointment. I have an early build 2011 by the way. I just hope it doesn't take long. Personally I can do it in 3 mins with the amount of times I had to take the airbag out to do my premium steering wheel swap into my base gt. Figuring out how to 're pin the cruise harness to work with the 2013 cruise module was a feat.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I received the same letter... Hoping Ford can get it replaced soon

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Media pkg, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got the letter for both of my '14s last month. If you get an airbag light, you get moved to the top of the list, so go in if that happens.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Notice

Yep, came early last week, waiting for the notice to get it done now.
Got my wife's CRV bags in June.
Have to do the Ignition switch for my impala.
Got the trifecta going on!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got mine last month I also have an 11. But still haven't got the notice to come in yet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got the letter for both of my '14s last month. If you get an airbag light, you get moved to the top of the list, so go in if that happens.

Good to know!

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Media pkg, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They say no idea when fix will come. Also any that get traded in they can't sell them until fixed. I went and looked at the 2015 and they didn't want to take my 2014 I'm trade unless I was willing to take like 10k under value I laughed at them and walked out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep. Got one a couple weeks back while she was already in the shop after a dog decided to get a closer look at my bumper. Honestly would have rather not known about it until they had parts. I'm lucky it didn't deploy when I hit Ol' Yeller. Definitely don't want my face rearranged.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Same - they are supposed to let us know when parts are available.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Got mine last month and talked with the dealer.............they have no idea as to a fix and told me it could be up to six months.................we'll see.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When they go to change mine their gonna be confused as to why I have the wrong steering wheel

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Might want to pull in the racist rigging a little, it just blurs your message. Takata is based in Japan and has multiple production facilities in Europe, for example. They produce airbags for pretty much, everybody.

Hopefully Ford get the replacement stuff in soon and can start dealing with this, as are dozens manufacturers around the world right now.

Reactions: WJBertrand

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
That sounds like it will hurt lol surprised they did not catch that earlier.
They did. Takata knew it was defective back in 2004. They hid the test results.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
We should all wear helmets until they get fixed just to be safe haha

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I keep mine along with my racing suit, shoes...etc in the trunk because you never know when you'll need them. For sure I'll be wearing them next month at the Silver States Classic.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Olerodder, well with this airbag recall they might really come in handy . I bet ford is sweating bullets

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Even if the airbag was good...........helmet and suit are needed when you are trying to go 90 miles in under 60 minutes.............although I do have some friends that will loan me space on their trailer.......hope I don't need it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts