Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive finally broken in my 2013 Boss and started doing some conservative WOT pulls. Anyone else have traction problems?

I was playing around in first and i get a TON of wheelspin if i just floor it from a dig... I did different pullls from 5 mph, 15 mph, and 25 mph and theres less wheel spin, but its still there.

Even in 2nd gear i it feels like i lose traction alot.... 3rd isnt a problem but by then im going like 60 mph

I remember a week or so ago i was looking for the traction control button and pushed it when i found it. I pushed it again to turn traction control back on but maybe something is wrong and it never turned back on?

I dont really have anything to compare it to though since i never floored it before. Anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have the same thing happen to me with my 13, it could be the 3.73 gears, when i launch hard i get wheel spin 1 to second and third.

First time i did a hard launch all i did was a really long and Embarrassing burnout :(

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think I know what the problem is.....too much horsepower! Trade it in for a Prius and you should solve that:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Its called turn traction control off and buy sum real tires lol Mickey Thompsons! Then dead hook. Traction control turned on kills your power dude

·
Registered
145 Posts
Throttle control. if you floor it every time and you spin, slow down how quickly throttle is being introduced. Tires do help though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
nosympathy said:
same, i just drive my car enough I have learned how to cope with it.
Cope? No... People cope with minivans because they have kids or with 4 cylinders because of gas prices. Just sayin

In retrospect, that was kinda a fuk response... Just meant its kinda a good problem to have

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Maybe it's just me, I have 3.31 gears... This is my 1st Mustang, I guess I don't feel that powerful low end torque that makes the wheels spin... Maybe 3.73 in the future?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Cope? No... People cope with minivans because they have kids or with 4 cylinders because of gas prices. Just sayin

In retrospect, that was kinda a fuk response... Just meant its kinda a good problem to have
I meant coping as in I have learned how to throttle control the 5.0 beast that it is. I am not unhappy by it at all.

Maybe it's just me, I have 3.31 gears... This is my 1st Mustang, I guess I don't feel that powerful low end torque that makes the wheels spin... Maybe 3.73 in the future?
I had 3.31 gears factory on my car, and changed them out to FRPP 3.73 gears because the 3.31 gears felt docile. Not that the car is, but starting off the line felt weak. I had the gear change done on a rainy day, and lost traction multiple times on the way home from not being used to the gearing, while babying the gears, as in not breaking 3k rpm, so they would break in! (I don't know that you really have to break them in, and probably don't, but I was recommended that if I could I should, so I did.)

***edit*** just to note, I based it feeling sluggish off the line, by driving my dads 2007 tundra, and my uncles 350Z. Both felt quicker initially off the line, even though I would easily overtake them. Both of those cars rated at around 6 second 0-60 and the mustang much less. Now I both beat them off the line, and leave them in the dust.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Since I got my tune and Steeda CAI I can stomp on it in first with 3.31's from a slow roll and easily break the back tires loose .... 255's.

I found out when testing the car after uploading the tune ... normally it didn't spin like that ... it would just go like a bat out of hell. Now, it does both. :headbang:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes you should def. give your gears a "break in period" just so they can get proper wear pattern, thats why you should be real cautious on buying a used set of gears!

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Better tires and feather it a little. It took me a bit but I can easily chirp all the way through 4th now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts