Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever mess up their knee? i think i hurt mine cause its been hurting for about a week. pain was subsiding, but then got really bad today.

i dont have insurance, and neither do my parents. so does anyone have any idea what the costs would be? the health center here at school is 100% incompetent, but i may try them tomorrow. ive heard stories of people having to go back 5 times to get the right cold medicine. cant imagine what would happen with an injured knee.

basically, how much do you think an ER would cost for me to go in and get it x-rayed to make sure?

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I dislocated my patella and put a 4" crack in my left thigh bone during Basic Training - does that count?

·
Registered
574 Posts
My boss's son went to the ER for a stomach ache and it cost them $7,000.

On the other hand, my friend accidentally stabbed himself with his 6" knife yesterday and it only cost $375. Remove-your-own-staples, though.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
umm go to a medcheck, a "doc in a box" but I would try to get some INs. umm yeah sorry about your luck, i have knee probs but i also have had them for about 4 years now :|

·
Registered
941 Posts
i second fishers stang's response. don't go to an ER, they would charge you absolutely crazy amounts of money...

ps- i hurt my right knee in high school while playing basketball, still hurts on and off to this day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
About a year ago I tripped and fell on stage while working on a show.

I had a long bruise on my knee for countless months and it was swolen for a week for so. I could walk on it, I had to actually.

But I eventually went to the doctor. The doctor sent me to the hospital for xrays and then after that, I had to go back to the doctor to get the results.

Pretty much what I did was mess up the muscle and bruise it or something, it just had to have time to heal. Some days it hurt worse than others.

But to make a long story short, I am under my Dad's insurance and it is one of the better programs out there and we are still paying it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I fell down in my living room had a 3inch gash on my knee. Had to go to ER to get it stitched up. Total cost after X Rays and meds was in excess of 1600 USD. (24 stitches with #4 silk to minimize scarring.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Having 2 xrays of my foot last year cost about 400 dollars. Idiot hospital sent me the bill instead of insurance :oops: :rolleyes:
Keep in mind what a hospital bills an uninsured patient and what they bill insurance companies are two different numbers. It's a racket!

D

·
0 Posts
Man this thread is over 10 years old lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
How?!? How did this guy find this dirt old thread? What?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
After 12 years, I wonder if his knee got better? I wonder if he even visits the site anymore?

But to answer his question; I hyper-extended my right knee back in high school (yep; football injury).

·
Registered
869 Posts
Man this thread is over 10 years old lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Haha, didn't even read that. Just assumed it was recent based on the poster before me.

Sent from my #racecar

·
Super Moderator
17,953 Posts
I was already posting on many forums in 2003 but had no idea about ME until 2 or 3 years ago. And look at me now!!!

As for knee, I just had a scope in May. No idea how much it cost because I'm active duty, not even a co-pay. Show military ID, get unlimited medical treatment. Also potentially fly into a combat zone and get shot at so its kind of a trade off lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I played football all my life until I retired at 27. I've had many of injuries. The knees are hardest for them to diagnose unless it's very clear something is torn. I recently had a torn meniscus and it took a few tries for them to get the diagnosis. And these were orthopedic surgeons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts