Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i found these on ebay and actually like them. If i get these im probably gonna go with these switchback led's.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
the 2013 headlights are clear all the way across (no amber)...and the 2 led bars only run as DRL's until you put the headlights on anyway...

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
They look good and I'm a fan of black housings. I'd just worry about light output.
The headlight "backscreen" is still the chrome setup, so the light output would remain as the same as stock.

Ford did this same arrangement with their F-150 Harley Davidson Edition (blackout headlight buckets). This is a very popular changeout for the late model f-150's.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The headlight "backscreen" is still the chrome setup, so the light output would remain as the same as stock.

Ford did this same arrangement with their F-150 Harley Davidson Edition (blackout headlight buckets). This is a very popular changeout for the late model f-150's.
I know the reflector is still chromed, but some aftermarkets have a habit of cutting corners and not designing the reflectors right or what not and it hampers output compared to stock.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I know the reflector is still chromed, but some aftermarkets have a habit of cutting corners and not designing the reflectors right or what not and it hampers output compared to stock.
Excellent point!!! And some don't have a good seal either. Some of the 'el cheapo's out there fog up in a matter of days.

In this scenerio, you get what you pay for; buy cheap, get cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts