Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new to me 2010 Roush stage 3 mustang .. I drove the car home 1252 miles. Only to find out the clutch was and tired just let go after I got home. Having trouble with Roush finding out what parts they put in back in 2010. Anyone have any help? Also I have 20 inch wheels and I’m thinking about putting in a bigger tire to help grab a little more. Has anyone tried that?

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
Best of luck getting any info from Roush. You’ll need to research it to find out. I’m not that knowledgeable on the 10 plus cars but from what I know you have the P-51 built engine. I’d say they also have the majority of, if not all, upgrades the P-51 got. One in particular that you’ll need to find out is an upgraded clutch.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello 2010 stage 3. Back during that time period Roush did not make any changes to the clutch assembly on any cars except the P-51. You have a stock clutch from Ford unless someone changed something before you bought it. Being that you are having issues you are probably dealing with the original and if the car was driven aggressively before you purchased it your situation would not be unusual. There are several good aftermarket clutch brands on the market. As long as you go with quality components and make sure to change out all related components I am sure you will get many more years and miles of service. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
IMG_6589.png

Gonna leave this here.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello 2010 stage 3. Back during that time period Roush did not make any changes to the clutch assembly on any cars except the P-51. You have a stock clutch from Ford unless someone changed something before you bought it. Being that you are having issues you are probably dealing with the original and if the car was driven aggressively before you purchased it your situation would not be unusual. There are several good aftermarket clutch brands on the market. As long as you go with quality components and make sure to change out all related components I am sure you will get many more years and miles of service. Good Luck!

Take a look at this addendum, they did quite a bit. Ultimately I did find out that they put a Ford pressure plate, a Ford slave cylinder, a Exedy clutch disk and a McLeod fly wheel aluminum

·
Registered
9 Posts
I stand Corrected. But I am very surprised. The Info I gave was true at one point. Not Sure when that changed. Once the FNSWEET forums went down it became more difficult to get accurate information on these cars unless talking directly with Roush Performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stand Corrected. But I am very surprised. The Info I gave was true at one point. Not Sure when that changed. Once the FNSWEET forums went down it became more difficult to get accurate information on these cars unless talking directly with Roush Performance.
Even then it was difficult

·
Registered
9 Posts
It has been a lot of years. I was once the go to guy for any Roush car info back in the day. Went to a lot of Roush Signings and spent a lot of time with regional Roush Reps. Our local car club people always pointed people in my direction with Questions about Roush Mustangs when at shows. It is coming back that I knew they did make clutch changes but I was thinking it was after 2010. After thinking about it, it makes sense that 2010 was when they started doing it with the upgrade to the blower and HP. I am glad you provided that build sheet to clarify. I spent most of my time trying to explain the difference between a 427R a 428R, & a 429R, Or more correctly explaining that they were the same car with some extremely small differences.

BTW, great looking car. Bet you get the looks driving it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has been a lot of years. I was once the go to guy for any Roush car info back in the day. Went to a lot of Roush Signings and spent a lot of time with regional Roush Reps. Our local car club people always pointed people in my direction with Questions about Roush Mustangs when at shows. It is coming back that I knew they did make clutch changes but I was thinking it was after 2010. After thinking about it, it makes sense that 2010 was when they started doing it with the upgrade to the blower and HP. I am glad you provided that build sheet to clarify. I spent most of my time trying to explain the difference between a 427R a 428R, & a 429R, Or more correctly explaining that they were the same car with some extremely small differences.

BTW, great looking car. Bet you get the looks driving it.
Yes sir, I just hope nothing else apparent doesn’t break. It was difficult to be sure the parts I bought would fit not knowing exactly what they put in.... I don’t hear the whine from the supercharger I heard in my 04 cobra. I read that it is because of the closed air filter box from Roush, o may buy the open version.... just want to be sure it will let me hear it first before I spend the $$ View attachment 304099

1 - 10 of 10 Posts