Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this ABS module is very popular amongst the classic/ kit car crowd, because you do not need to transplant the whole electrical system for it to have basic ABS functionality (it basically operates in a standalone mode).

I am looking to re-create those conditions, without cutting up too much of the wiring harness. From the OEM workshop manual, it appears that if I place a switch in line with the High Speed CAN line along with the Restraint Control Module High Speed CAN line (pins 5, 6, 8, and 9), I should lose pretty much every input other than the basic wheel speed sensors and communications to the pump (the ever pesky Yaw sensor is in the RCM, along with linear accelerometers, and the steering sensor). Between loss of the sensor input, and communication with the PCM, it would appear that Advance Trac should error out and fail to boot.

Has anyone tried going this way, or is everyone just spending the $350 for the 302R ABS module? I have been unable to find anyone doing this to a module that is still in an S197. I am literally just this cheap...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts