Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have duals on your v6? What kind are they, how much did they cost and where did you have them put on at? Oh yeah most importantly how do they sound?

·
Registered
941 Posts
gt take offs
100$ but that was in 2000 or 2001.
nick's mufflers in plano, texas. nick is an awesome guy who does quality work. don't let his crappy airplane hanger of a shop scare you. i regularly saw street fbods, stangs, etc. go there as well as a lower class race stangs belonging to NMRA and personal track fbods and vettes.

they sound crappy because i left the regular mufflers on there. flow 40's are popular but sound sorta crappy IMO at higher rpms. get warlocks or thrust brand... both sound good and won't break the bank.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in the Dallas area. I have some Cobra take offs that I was going to put on my car but since I wrecked it, it's not going to happen. So, if you want them, you can have them for *FREE*. Just gotta come by and pick them up. I have the H-pipe as well. Just so you know, the Cobra has IRS so the pipes are bent differently. It will require some mods but your only cost will be to have them put on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlkStang4Me said:
I'm in the Dallas area. I have some Cobra take offs that I was going to put on my car but since I wrecked it, it's not going to happen. So, if you want them, you can have them for *FREE*. Just gotta come by and pick them up. I have the H-pipe as well. Just so you know, the Cobra has IRS so the pipes are bent differently. It will require some mods but your only cost will be to have them put on.
were do you live?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
BlkStang4Me said:
I have the H-pipe as well. Just so you know, the Cobra has IRS so the pipes are bent differently. It will require some mods but your only cost will be to have them put on.
if you got the h-pipe from the cobra, it wont fit the v6.

as for the IRS exhaust... it would be cheaper for him to get custom bent pipes from any muffler shop than have them bend the IRS pipes. Those are bent so differently and actually come thru where your axle is, so you would need a lot of bending done

just go down central (75) and there are quite a few mom and pop muffler shops that will do a great job. You could even get cash and go up to one of the workers in the garages without going into the office and offer them like $50 or 75 in cash if they install you some exhaust from the pre-bent exhaust pipes they have

btw, im in dfw also

·
Registered
61 Posts
I live in Richardson. I'm not that far from 75 and 635. I also have a GT Sway bar I was going to sell. I'll sell it to you cheap if you want to pick it up at the same time.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you already have a front sway bar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts