Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
M-9424-M50CJ Mustang Ford Racing Intake Manifold Cobra Jet GT 2011-2013 | CJ Pony Parts

Supposed to be an upgrade from the boss manifold? Too good to be true? :headbang:
Yes, I've been waiting for it but there's some pros and cons. You have to also buy a GT500 throttle body to make it work as it will not with the stock one from the 5.0. That now puts you in the $1,500 price range all in. I'm also unsure if it will pass emissions... My guess is no. There's been a lot of speculation, but I'm excited to see results!!! It's supposed to by 40-50 hp gains through the entire power band, but who really knows yet?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Curious to know how "significant" of a power increase. Twice the price of the boss and Requires a GT500 throttle body or M-9926-CJ65, or M-9926-SCJ Cobra Jet throttle body.
*Requires custom air intake tube to mate to oval throttle body.
*Requires a custom tune.
*Not compatible with Boss 302 strut tower brace.
It will be interesting to see some back to back dyno runs between the two intakes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Curious to know how "significant" of a power increase. Twice the price of the boss and Requires a GT500 throttle body or M-9926-CJ65, or M-9926-SCJ Cobra Jet throttle body.
*Requires a custom tune.
It will be interesting to see some back to back dyno runs between the two intakes.
+1

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
*Requires a custom tune.
wait, so if not compatible with the boss 302 strut brace, which I have, how big is this thing?! That strut brace sits pretty damn high lol.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It's pretty big. I've seen a couple of CJ's in the dealer & that manifold is tall. I expect it barely fits under the hood.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
claudermilk said:
It's pretty big. I've seen a couple of CJ's in the dealer & that manifold is tall. I expect it barely fits under the hood.
If it fits at all, probably have to buy a new cowl hood lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ive been watching the progress, but I figure Ill wait for all the testing and buy it when my warranty runs low. I saw that about the Boss stb too, right after I got one cheap on Black Friday, but I still got a few years and can resell. Excited though, looks promising and looks good too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts