Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Cold Air Intake that I put on my 2000 GT for about 3 weeks. I took it off because we have had the most ridiculously rainy summer I've ever seen here and I was really afraid of sucking up some puddles because the drainage systems here are a joke. Anyway, summer's gone by and I never put it back on, I don't want it anymore because I am going to supercharge this coming spring and the 10-whatever extra horsepower a CAI gives me isn't really worth my time to re-install it.

Anyway, it's a chromed aluminum one and it has the blue filter with it and the chrome plate and all the gaskets, hoses, and whatnot. However, I have to be honest here and let you guys know that the blue filter has a small hole in it from when I removed it and knocked it on the frame of my car. The hole is in the wire mesh, I'm pretty sure it's not the actual filter material itself so I'm not sure it would really have to be replaced. Also, the hose clamps that came with it are really shitty, you should get new ones, I would be embarrassed to send them to you. And, I cut the 90-degree bend off (the part that hangs inside the fenderwell so that the filter wouldn't sit too low and because a 90-degree bend there is retarded, it's a much straighter shot of air now.

So, when all is said and done, I would like to get 30 dollars + shipping for it and I can't imagine shipping this will be too costly. It is very light since it is aluminum.

Any takers? There really isn't anything wrong with it, it will do its job perfectly provided you don't use my shitty hose-clamps.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I would buy it if my k&n filter would fit it..I just bought the filter this summer...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowflyn said:
I would buy it if my k&n filter would fit it..I just bought the filter this summer...
I don't think it would. It has to have the extra lip around the edge of the hole so it can hold onto the pipe.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh...dangit. O well..don't wanna just waste that perfectly good filter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts