Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm in the process of purchasing a complete Projector kit with angel eye and devil eye all in one deal for 139.99.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=150901085130

I've read on here about ppl paying to get them retrofitted but never anyone do it them self.

I have the basic idea

Remove the headlights
Bake headlights to pry open the headlights
Mount the projector
Figure out how to wire it lol
Test
Install
Test
Test
Test
And done lol

Anyone have some tips for me? I've read dipping the seal of the headlight in gasoline makes the glue super pliable?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Gasoline might eat the plastic. I would never dip a plastic item in a solvent.

Use the oven bake method. If that doesn't work, cut it open with a dremel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are thinking about doing the retrofit project on oem headlights, they might not be able to be baked to open, because they are permanent sealed, and you might have to cut them. And from what I learn, besides using Morimoto Mini projecter, you might need to cut the original housing in order to install the projecter. Not sure about the projecter you bought from ebay.

Also, you can get lots of tips and helps from theretrofitsource.com

Here are two threads of retrofit project on 2010+ mustang.
2010 Ford Mustang FX-R Retrofit

MY First RetroFit 2011 Ford Mustang

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are thinking about doing the retrofit project on oem headlights, they might not be able to be baked to open, because they are permanent sealed, and you might have to cut them. And from my what I learn, besides using Morimoto Mini projecter, you might need to cut the original housing in order to install the projecter. Not sure about the projecter you bought from ebay.

Also, you can get lots of tips and helps from theretrofitsource.com

Here are two threads of retrofit project on 2010+ mustang.
2010 Ford Mustang FX-R Retrofit

MY First RetroFit 2011 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the links!! And my friend was able to bake open the oem headlights to install his oracle kit so I'm sure that part can be done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts