Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sumitomo�HTR Z II

They are 285/35/18's

Im thinking of running them on 10's Might be a bit wide but its what I have and I don't want to spend $600 on 305's.... Any thoughts or what are your experience with these.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sure hope they are decent I just ordered them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
For rear tires . I wouldn't .. You would get no traction
I have 285/35/18 nitto 555R and they are great

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For rear tires . I wouldn't .. You would get no traction
I have 285/35/18 nitto 555R and they are great
Haha to late. Have you had these tires before? And I plan on getting 305's someday, and maybe putting these on the front when I do. And I'm running 245's now so yeah..

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Haha to late. Have you had these tires before? And I plan on getting 305's someday, and maybe putting these on the front when I do. And I'm running 245's now so yeah..
Sumitomo IMO are junk , better for front tires

( Grip Wise ) but if your looking for just a daily tire to use and for looks then its good . I just do alot of racing and need DRs

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sumitomo IMO are junk , better for front tires

( Grip Wise ) but if your looking for just a daily tire to use and for looks then its good . I just do alot of racing and need DRs
Yeah I don't do hard launches or anything. I rarely spin my 245's so I'm not super concerned. But they were the least expensive tires I could find so I'm not expecting them to be racing slicks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ya those tires are ****t had them on for one summer and have no traction. Switching to nittos this summer. Have no type of traction if there is moisture out

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
There good my dad has them on his 2000 GT. The traction is there when you need it he doesn't do any hard driving in it. It only gets driven hard when I drive it LOL. I have the other sumos ( that's what I call them ) and traction for dd is good they've lasted for almost 2 years with no problems. Heck I haven't even balanced them once. Most people that complain about them are trying to race or drag with them and there not ment for that. I use to run nitto drag radials and there were fun but dont last long if you drive your car a lot. Radials arnt good also when there is any moisture on the ground too.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just picked up conti dws for the wife's car. Not a bad price and seem to be doing pretty well.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just picked up conti dws for the wife's car. Not a bad price and seem to be doing pretty well.
Those are good tires. That's what I'm running now and I really cannot complain, very grippy in the rain ......

And I just canceled my order... You guys talked me out of it. I'm just going to spend the extra $200 and get 295 continental dws's that way if I get caught in a snow storm I will have a chance of surviving..... Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Voltage258 said:
Those are good tires. That's what I'm running now and I really cannot complain, very grippy in the rain ......

And I just canceled my order... You guys talked me out of it. I'm just going to spend the extra $200 and get 295 continental dws's that way if I get caught in a snow storm I will have a chance of surviving..... Thanks for all the input.
We had bfg kdw2's on the back of her car. They lasted well but I was told the conti would work better on a dd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts