Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
my friend did...it was quick even with the stock rear end and 3.27's...wish he would have put in gears and a tlok before selling it

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
There's a kid in town who did this swap. He made 178rwhp. He then added a 03 cobra blower. Then he made 171hp. That's not a typo. His tuning is mucked. He's in for way more money than its worth.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im thinking of getting the motor from supersixmotorsports. Ill save up and just have all motor c/h/i. And a set of 4.10 gears

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
DaBluedude said:
There's a kid in town who did this swap. He made 178rwhp. He then added a 03 cobra blower. Then he made 171hp. That's not a typo. His tuning is mucked. He's in for way more money than its worth.
Hmm, just the swap? No upgraded parts like cam? Heads? Stuff like that? Once I'm done with my H/C/I, LTs, X-Pipe, T-Lok and 4.10s I should be making 220-240rwhp

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
xhgwx said:
Hmm, just the swap? No upgraded parts like cam? Heads? Stuff like that? Once I'm done with my H/C/I, LTs, X-Pipe, T-Lok and 4.10s I should be making 220-240rwhp
I don't know for sure about cam but he did a little work on the heads. It isn't worth it. I'm a V8 guy. It's cheaper and easier and is a better platform from there in my eyes. I know you can make crazy 6 cars. But the drive ability goes down fast.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
DaBluedude said:
I don't know for sure about cam but he did a little work on the heads. It isn't worth it. I'm a V8 guy. It's cheaper and easier and is a better platform from there in my eyes. I know you can make crazy 6 cars. But the drive ability goes down fast.
This is also true, after I'm
Done I'll see 16-17 city and 13-16 HW.
But mine was given to me so I can't complain at what I got, I'll just make it into something I want.
Next mustang will be a v8 tho.
Really want a fox body

·
Registered
835 Posts
I hope not. the 4.3's a chevy engine...
if your talking about a 4.2 bored out to 4.3 though
a stock 4.2 is suppose to be making around 220.

Me and my dad just finished mine a couple weaks ago we have just a little less then 150miles on the engine.
I still have the singleport heads but theres a noticeable power difference in it. I also used the cam that came with the 4.2 I don't know how much of a difference that made though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
thats kinda pushing it though.
you could stroke and bore it out more though like 4.4. I've seen one 4.5 I think stroked to 4.2 and bored to 4.3 would be the safest.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lemons95 said:
thats kinda pushing it though.
you could stroke and bore it out more though like 4.4. I've seen one 4.5 I think stroked to 4.2 and bored to 4.3 would be the safest.
What is the difference in stroking vs boreing?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
something is wayyy off..even on a stock 4.2 build my friends m112 swap made over 300

·
Registered
621 Posts
97cutomstang said:
What is the difference in stroking vs boreing?
Stroking it basically is putting a longer connecting rod in to lengthen the travel of the piston. Boring refers to putting a piston with a bigger circumference in the cylinder. Your cc is Bore x Stroke. Bigger bore and stroke = more cc/liter = more power.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sorry I kinda lied. When stroke a motor you get a crank that makes the stroke longer. Some times you can use the same length connecting rods but some kits might give you different connecting rods. Stroke kits will always have a stroked crank. I would of deleted and rewrote the comment above but couldn't.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Kingmidas87 said:
Sorry I kinda lied. When stroke a motor you get a crank that makes the stroke longer. Some times you can use the same length connecting rods but some kits might give you different connecting rods. Stroke kits will always have a stroked crank. I would of deleted and rewrote the comment above but couldn't.
But with a longer stroke you need a lot of different things so you don't come in contact with the heads?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok good to know. My plan is to use my 3.8 block, a 4.2 crank, 3.8 connecting rods and 4.2 pistons. Is that go in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Drivability going down? I guess you're referring to the mileage I daily drive my little 242rwhp sixer and no problems.. Just average 16mpg which if you're worried about gas mileage modding cars is not for you lol

A stock 4.2 makes ~202 crank hp

To get a true 4.3 you must bore a 4.2 motor over .050" which is not the best of ideas if you plan a stupid amount of boost

97cutomstang said:
Ok good to know. My plan is to use my 3.8 block, a 4.2 crank, 3.8 connecting rods and 4.2 pistons. Is that go in the right direction?
They have the same block.. Why not just pull a 4.2 from an f150 and call it a day, less work and hardly ever have to rebuild them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts