Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:
I'm sorry, i know this has been talked about day in and day out! I know most don't think its worth it, but i have a T-5 manual that my uncle has laying around so i figure WHY NOT!
I have a 2002 Mustang 3.8L V6, i see alot of complete conversion kits out there, but i don't want to reuse a clutch or throwout bearing, So basically i don't know how to search up parts to make this t-5 work. Like when i go on summit or other sites how do i search for parts for a T-5 that will work for the 3.8.
If anyone could help i would appropriate it beyond belief. If anyone is feeling up to it, could you post links of a complete aftermarket kit for everything i would need, or do you think its better buying a kit then just buying a new clutch and throwout bearing.

Seriously thank you for any amount of help, i can put it in myself, i just don't know how to buy parts that are compatible with a t-5 and 3.8L!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
:banghead:
I'm sorry, i know this has been talked about day in and day out! I know most don't think its worth it, but i have a T-5 manual that my uncle has laying around so i figure WHY NOT!
I have a 2002 Mustang 3.8L V6, i see alot of complete conversion kits out there, but i don't want to reuse a clutch or throwout bearing, So basically i don't know how to search up parts to make this t-5 work. Like when i go on summit or other sites how do i search for parts for a T-5 that will work for the 3.8.
If anyone could help i would appropriate it beyond belief. If anyone is feeling up to it, could you post links of a complete aftermarket kit for everything i would need, or do you think its better buying a kit then just buying a new clutch and throwout bearing.

Seriously thank you for any amount of help, i can put it in myself, i just don't know how to buy parts that are compatible with a t-5 and 3.8L!!!
The t5 comes with our 3.8 so its completely compatible. You'd have to buy the clutch kit that comes with a clutch, throwout bearing, and pressure plate. Then a flywheel that's already balanced. You will also need a driveshaft from a t5'd v6 because that slides right into the back of your trans. In my opinion, if you're planning on adding major horsepower, stay with your auto. That way it will do perfect shifts without you having to worry about missing gears or messing anything up. Just get a high stall torque converter, upgraded transmission gears, and 4.10 rearend gears. It will feel like a whole new car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get what your saying, i just like being aboul to stay in a certain gear, for quick response. Like the auto wants to always up shift when i dont want it to so when i floor it, then it down shifts. I already have the t-5 from my uncle. I just want aftermarket high performace parts but dont know how to search for it.
Im so lost with what i want to do. I can buy a complete kit online for 800 but its all used parts, it might be the best option then just but a new clutch and throwout bearing.

So you think its not worth it, my v6 has 300 hp right now from all the motor mods ive done, not much but its more than stock.

So you think 100% stay auto

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Umm... May I ask what mods you have to have 300hp?
Installed a PowerPack from supersixmotorsports.com
It was the first mod i did to my car, "Stage 3"
Then i did Cold Air Intake, True Dual Exhaust, Plugs + Wires + Coil Pack.
They claim 90 hp with the PowerPack, so with the other mods, im rounding around 300. What did you think? I spend my entire last years tax return on ^, i really wanted to swap the motor but say naw "to much like work lol"

next will be 373 gears, a real tune, aluminum driveshaft, and hopefully a manual swap. Still want to search up every part i need for the swap brand new, and find the cost.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Installed a PowerPack from supersixmotorsports.com
It was the first mod i did to my car, "Stage 3"
Then i did Cold Air Intake, True Dual Exhaust, Plugs + Wires + Coil Pack.
They claim 90 hp with the PowerPack, so with the other mods, im rounding around 300. What did you think? I spend my entire last years tax return on ^, i really wanted to swap the motor but say naw "to much like work lol"

next will be 373 gears, a real tune, aluminum driveshaft, and hopefully a manual swap. Still want to search up every part i need for the swap brand new, and find the cost.
you're going to spend at least 1 grand on the swap, close to a grand on the rear diff gears because you have to swap out the tlok differential otherwise you will be doing one wheel spins all day and also installation. the tune will run you at least 300. so you're looking at about $2500-3000 maybe more. I mean if you want to put that kind of money into a v6....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you're going to spend at least 1 grand on the swap, close to a grand on the rear diff gears because you have to swap out the tlok differential otherwise you will be doing one wheel spins all day and also installation. the tune will run you at least 300. so you're looking at about $2500-3000 maybe more. I mean if you want to put that kind of money into a v6....
what do you mean 2500-3000 for what the trans swap, or gears, limited slip, and tune?

Those v6 motors can take a beating and get right back up, people can say what they want about the 3.8 vs 4.6. Yeah v8s have a way better sound and little more hp stock. But the 3.8 is a very nice motor to modify.

·
Registered
748 Posts
what do you mean 2500-3000 for what the trans swap, or gears, limited slip, and tune?

Those v6 motors can take a beating and get right back up, people can say what they want about the 3.8 vs 4.6. Yeah v8s have a way better sound and little more hp stock. But the 3.8 is a very nice motor to modify.
all of it together honestly probably $3000+ now that I think about it. umm yea also the 4.6s respond way better to mods than the 3.8s do but I mean it's your money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts