Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost did the convert, but it's too late now my tranny will be done soon from the race shop. Wondering what cam and torque converter combo I should use. Chip, full exhaust, intake is what I have now. 4.10s. 60k orig miles.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
I almost did the convert, but it's too late now my tranny will be done soon from the race shop. Wondering what cam and torque converter combo I should use. Chip, full exhaust, intake is what I have now. 4.10s. 60k orig miles.
Your cam will depend on what engine mods you have and how you intend to use the car. You can use CamQuest to help you choose.
Your torque convertor will depend upon your engine torque, car weight and rpm range. Let your transmission builder help you choose the correct convertor.

You will need to have the chip reburned to take advantage of the cam change and transmission pressure and shift points can be altered to fit your new transmission capabilities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Your cam will depend on what engine mods you have and how you intend to use the car. You can use CamQuest to help you choose.
Your torque convertor will depend upon your engine torque, car weight and rpm range. Let your transmission builder help you choose the correct convertor.

You will need to have the chip reburned to take advantage of the cam change and transmission pressure and shift points can be altered to fit your new transmission capabilities.
Is there really a difference in a mass air cam and not a mass air I got a 1992 roller motor with carb with the ford racing cam lift is 498
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
91mustanglx said:
Is there really a difference in a mass air cam and not a mass air I got a 1992 roller motor with carb with the ford racing cam lift is 498
Mass air cam?.if you are running a carb you don't have a mass air flow sensor.if you have more questions u should probably start your own thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
dreamstang said:
Mass air cam?.if you are running a carb you don't have a mass air flow sensor.if you have more questions u should probably start your own thread.
Ok sorry just sign up to this today
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
Ok sorry just sign up to this today
That's ok, just start a thread in the 79-95 Forums and ask your questions.
Well do our best to get you the answers to your questions. :good:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thanks. Usuallly I have no need to start a post cause these guys already have my question answered somewhere here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the race shop gave me the wrong converter. I made another thread to see what the hells up. 2500 stall. My engines stock except full exhaust, chip, gears. Ordered a cam. Tranny shifts sporadic and slips into neutral.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top