Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... I know how we all hate APC... but these new seats look damn nice...

For $267 a pair and $88 shipping that's a hard deal to miss... Now these come with universal sliders... but I've always heard they won't work on Mustangs. Well.. there must be some way of getting them to fit. How would one get APC seats into a Mustang?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
swap out the tracks (use the original mustang tracks on the apc seats)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. What do you think about that color in my grey/charcoal interior stang? Or should I go with red/black?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking these just cause the ones in the first pic I posted look more like black/silver and altho I have some silver in my interior... it's not enough to blend in good enuff... But how about this... black seude and black vinyl..

This one just looks weird... maybe because of the lighting? Hmm...

I could always go red/black too but I tried to get away from such extremes... altho just seats isn't a prob...

·
Registered
574 Posts
C.R.A.P.

And also, you will lose your power seating (if applicable).

And they may not fit anyway. Depends on how wide the base of the seat is. My brackets were specifically made for the mustang and they wouldn't line up with the stock seats. Brackets that are designed for the car just have the correct bolt pattern/dimensions on the floor.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya... I have power seating on my driver's side... but I never adjust it anyways...

I need a seat that'll grip me well on corners. I'm at the point now that my car handles real well when cornering, but my stock seats aren't keeping me in position! The newer model of APC seats look a lot more grippy than the first line that came out, and I'm really considering them, especially since a lot of ppl besides the one's who replied here, have basically told me to just redrill the brackets that they come with.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What the hell do I buy then? I guess I stick with seat covers cause I can't afford much more than $350 a pair...

·
Registered
574 Posts
People who tell you you can redrill the brackets are probably the same people that said the Corbeau seats would fit in my car, no problem.

#A: They didn't fit the stock brackets.
#B: I even tried drilling the brackets, just like you, but unfortunately the seat belt holder didn't clear the seat.
#C: The specially designed brackets (+$70, each) cleared the seat, and lined up perfect, but the seat belt hold pushed into the transmission hump, making the seats not fit.

So I spent about 3 hours pounding on the seat brackets with a sledgehammer to bend the bracket a little bit. Worked fine.

Your mileage may vary. I just won't trust anybody who hasn't installed seats in a mustang anymore.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would only ever consider a APC product if I new I could take there damn logo off the damn seats head wrest area...good gawd that enough to make you hurl right there....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spent some time reading a 2 page thread over on 3.8mustang.com. A member there bought the old model APC seats off eBay that had the logo removed. He thought it'd be as easy as drilling and reusing the old brackets, but had a lot of trouble with it. I'll talk to my stepdad and see what he thinks. I'll probably just hold off and do something else like exhaust.

·
Registered
800 Posts
those seats are kinda nice, not crazy about the wilf red one though...but hey the 10th Anniv. seats are leather red/black

1 - 20 of 33 Posts