Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the audio section but I'm not sure if anyone actually goes there. Any suggestions I could get would be great!

I just installed an alpine cda-9857. I bought the cord for an iPhone hook up. Everything works like it should but the music comes through the phone and not the car speakers? WTF? The phone charges the song info displays on the head unit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm no stereo guy at all. If it was me I'd swing by a local stereo shop or best buy and see what they think the problem might be.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. It's just weird. Everything works fine except the music plays through my phone and not the car.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yeah that is weird. Could be your phone, does it work when you put your iPhone on a stereo? Like those iPod dock stereos.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JetLife 01GT said:
Yeah that is weird. Could be your phone, does it work when you put your iPhone on a stereo? Like those iPod dock stereos.
Yeah it works fine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the same problem with my iPod and pioneer deck. Try resetting the iPhone. Hold the home button and power button down and the same time until the phone shuts off and an apple appears. That's how I fixed mine

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
89white GT said:
I had the same problem with my iPod and pioneer deck. Try resetting the iPhone. Hold the home button and power button down and the same time until the phone shuts off and an apple appears. That's how I fixed mine
Still didn't work. Kind of frustrating!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to my friend's Ram and he also had an iPhone. He accidentally pressed a button During a call while the phone was plugged in. I think he just turned off his phone and back on and it worked.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F1fiddy said:
This happened to my friend's Ram and he also had an iPhone. He accidentally pressed a button During a call while the phone was plugged in. I think he just turned off his phone and back on and it worked.
I tried that as well. I even took the head unit back out to make sure it was connected right. It's probably something really stupid!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts