Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, the server would have been up again last night however last night was initiation for the new guys in the fraternity. I guess what happened is Brent was messing with some settings and something he did caused the server to not have internet. I saved the day with shahrums help today though, so all is well.

Moral of story: Dont let brent play with computers. :D

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
yeah, i was wondering what was up, cuz i didnt remember seeing anything about scheduled downtime. Some one I talked to on AIM told me Brent screwed something up, lol.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Poor brent lol. Let's not forget, it was also Jeff (KrazyPony's) fault for giving him ideas lol... Jeff handed Brent the gun, Brent pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The moral of this story here kids is this:

Brent was trying to figure out how to use make the internet traffic flow much easier on the T1 connection over the web server, and I mentioned to him he should enable Load Balancing ( which helps the flow of the www traffic and in certain portions sent to certain users or computers for that matter.) so I had been over looking Brent as he was looking into the various areas and I had mentioned to him I have not done much experiment with this feature myself, but I could do some R&D for him in this area if he liked... and before we knew it he had unchecked Load Balancing from the network props. on the Win2003 Web Server for the Mustang-Forums.com box, and then the connection was lost at that point.... no data was lost in the interim of this, so all is good and I am sure Brent will be much more cautious when clicking on certain settings in a live prod. server environment next time...

And thats the story and I am sticking to it...

- Jeff

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I called Mike(Friday night should have known better) and he was at a bar drunk so we had to wait till Today to fix it.

I know I'm a moron......

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WhiteStang99 said:
haha, yeah. whoever it was that told me that you messed it up also told me Mike was drunk, forgot about that... :zim:
whatd you expect???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts