Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone one tried Archoil Friction Modifier?

I saw an episode of Jay Leno’s Garage where he and his mechanic were really giving a lot of praise for this product (of course I realize they are probably a sponsor, and pay for these rave reviews).

At any rate, I talked to my local Ford dealer, and they wholeheartedly endorsed the use of this product (which really surprised me). I expected to hear the usual “snake-oil talk”, and I generally consider most additives to be just that - snake-oil. However, I was taken by surprise when both persons I talked to (the service manager / very experienced engine tech) sang the praises of Archoil’s Nano Lubrication Technology. They assured me that it’s great stuff and won’t affect warranty claims.

So from there, I checked with my engine builder, and he pretty much echoed what the ford dealer told me. The only caveat he offered, was wait until the engine has 2,500 miles on the clock before adding to the crankcase.

So, I went ahead and bought a bottle and installed it at oil-change time. Now, this stuff isn’t cheap, so I wasn’t thrilled about the purchase price.

To be honest, my engine seems to idle smoother, and a little quieter. I mean, it’s noticeable enough that you know it’s there. Afterwards, when oil change time came around, I didn’t add this stuff (for two oil-change cycles) and the difference was there. Then I added it again, and what do you know, I noticed an improvement at idle. Quieter/smoother once again.

Now, I do question if perhaps it’s in my head (a placebo effect), but I think it’s actually having a positive impact on my engine.

So, I wonder if anyone else here has tried this product, and cares to share their thoughts. Unless I receive a lot of negative pushback, I think I’m going to start running this additive, as a regular oil-change component.

Give me your thoughts on this stuff …
Product Liquid Camera accessory Rectangle Material property

·
Registered
77 Posts
Haven't tried it but have heard alot of good things about it. Reviews just like you said, noticeable difference when using it vs not using it. I don't normally use additives but I may give this a shot. It does appear to be a little pricey though for an additive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts