Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a older model mustang 5.0 but everyone is telling me they are really slow even with after market parts so should i get something else like a chevelle or like a nova maybe a 60 model trans am? something that's going to be good at a 1/4 mile

·
Registered
41 Posts
They were never SLOW, just very primitive. There are thousands of aftermarket parts available for the Fox Mustangs and they can run like holy hell if built properly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i like all the cars you mentioned. it really all depends. are you going to keep the 5.0? whats mods are you planning on? what if you drop a four value 351 cleveland built. thats not slow at all. I like ford and chevys. However chevys are lots cheaper to build. you can make anything fast if you got the $$$! i really like the coupe LX or L fox bodys for running 1/4's. If someone tells you there slow, tell them to go check out the fox body Kenne Bell supercharged mustangs on youtube.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ultimately they will never be the fastest car on the road. i think a 93 5.0 gt only pushes like 160hp to the ground...
i have a 4 cylinder that does that lol

don't mistake my comment for mustang bashing. fox bodies are my favorite car on the road, i drove one for a while. but, unless you swap out the engine or really build up the internals of the 5.0, it's all for sh!ts and giggles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts