Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are loud pop noises from the suspension coming from one tire normal in a mustang when passing through speed bumps or squeeking in dips. Cause thats the bull**** they tell me at the dealership
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Iwould say that is not normal and would tell the dealership to fix or give a pretty good excuse why my stang sounds like thAt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
These are the Lower control arms that are making the noise, the majority of Mustangs have this issue but Ford has failed to do a recall I assume because of the cost, although I really like my car, this is a major issue that I've been dealing with for a while and most likely will stop me from buying another Mustang again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They replaced the control arm but the opposite one from the one making noise -.- apperently my car is normal thats hownit sounds I asked why only one side and they said because its a mustang stigf suspension blah blah blah been dealing with this **** for a while pist off if they can't help me with a control arm wonder what happends if my mt82 goes out the damn synchro suck that even grinds the gears on purpose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeha but they replaced the one jot making noise and I went back now they saybits normal thats how my car is they are trying to not do and I called ford and they just got by the dealership so this is annoying so much for having pride on helping their customers :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
Ive got to stop reading these forums. Now im having the same noises on right front while driving.
If i lift the hood and push the body up and down I get it on both sides. The wifes Flex is stiffer and silent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ima try yet another dealership later this week its a damn bushing ford warranty sucks! -.- and their customer help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
Mine stopped for now. Maybe it was my pushing up and down on the fenders that made it quit. The springs are noisy but I think thats just the nature of the horse. Seems they only creek if I push up and down or go over a speed bump. But the rattle is gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
They should of replaced both! My dealer did, why take a chance of the customer coming back with the same issue!? Thats just a bad dealership wherever you went, im lucky to have a dealer that strives on customer service and satisfaction! Complain to ford use/canada and find another dealer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called ford all they said was well the dealership says this blah blah so they must be right -.- ima try another dealership 3rd time the charm............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
ebgonzalez1 said:
I called ford all they said was well the dealership says this blah blah so they must be right -.- ima try another dealership 3rd time the charm............
On my 13 it was coming from the driver side. I took a tech out with me and within 5 mins he said driver side lower control arm. Manager came out to see me to let me know that he had to order the passenger side. I asked y they were changing the passenget side when the noise was only on the driver side, he said because 9 out 10 times the other side will start to become noisey and and we only want to inconvinance you once and for you not to have a reoccuring problem,customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I was pissed at ford when i had the problem with a 2 month old car, but after hearing that from my local ford dealer and how much they stood behind me and my car my faith was completely restored! Hats off to my local ford dealer! Im proof that there are great dealers out there that not just after your wallet, I hope you too will find one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
MrMike said:
On my 13 it was coming from the driver side. I took a tech out with me and within 5 mins he said driver side lower control arm. Manager came out to see me to let me know that he had to order the passenger side. I asked y they were changing the passenget side when the noise was only on the driver side, he said because 9 out 10 times the other side will start to become noisey and and we only want to inconvinance you once and for you not to have a reoccuring problem,customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I was pissed at ford when i had the problem with a 2 month old car, but after hearing that from my local ford dealer and how much they stood behind me and my car my faith was completely restored! Hats off to my local ford dealer! Im proof that there are great dealers out there that not just after your wallet, I hope you too will find one.
I've had a good experience with my ford dealer also. I told the person what was wrong an in seconds already wrote down and planned for my control arms replaced. Both of them! ( and also fix my exhaust rattle) all under warranty. Even tho the exhaust kinda was my fault. Lol. But still I had awesome service and will be going to that dealer again in the future. :)

But I do feel bad about the dealer out there that don't do crap about this problem and don't wanna mess with it. It really grinds my gears. Grrrrr!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man I wished your dealerships would take ovrr my local ones -.- I also get damn grinding and gesr popping due to the synchronizes but I dont wanna deal with that until the bushing is replaced its been a headache :-(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
ebgonzalez1 said:
Man I wished your dealerships would take ovrr my local ones -.- I also get damn grinding and gesr popping due to the synchronizes but I dont wanna deal with that until the bushing is replaced its been a headache :-(
Out of 3 that I've used 2 are good about it. But when I was under warranty one changed ownership for the better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Just thought I would throw this out here..... I had a similar problem with my front left shortly after I purchased my new 2012 V6. Sometimes I would hear a pop or a rattle noise when I went over speed bumps. The dealer pulled most of my front end apart trying to fix the issue with no luck... About a month later I hit the pot hole to china and blew out my front left tire. upon getting to the dealer to have the tire replaced I was told that the TPMS sensor on that wheel had been installed wrong. Since the new tire was mounted and my TPMS sensor replaced I have had no issues. I'm not to hip on how TPMS mounts to your wheel but this fixed my issue, thought it might be worth a shot for someone else who had tried everything else.

slow ride,take it easy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
Midnight2012 said:
Mine stopped for now. Maybe it was my pushing up and down on the fenders that made it quit. The springs are noisy but I think thats just the nature of the horse. Seems they only creek if I push up and down or go over a speed bump. But the rattle is gone.
Follow up. Wrong the noise was terrible. Dealer has ordered a lower controll ar kit for both sides based on TSB
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
I've run mine over a freaking huge curb not on purpose and it's never done that now we are a few years apart but that's not up to Ford quality. It should be built Ford Tough!

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

And the dealer knows that.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top