Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running out of mods to do to my mustang. (besides a power adder that costs $4000, headers where I have to raise my engine, & my suspension which is coming in the mail. I was wondering "are pullies really worth it?")

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
well if your getting a supercharger anytime soon pullies will be pointless

If you arent, then why not?

Every little thing helps

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
yeah if your gonna get an sc, you will see less boost with underdrive pullies. get pulleys and get turbo'd

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
232stang said:
yeah if your gonna get an sc, you will see less boost with underdrive pullies. get pulleys and get turbo'd
trust me if I didn't live in CA I would buy a turbo instead of a sc. I am just gonna wait for the prices to drop like $1200 in about 3 years. Then the people that have the 05's will be getting bent over for them. Do you think I could take off a tenth in the quarter with them? Also what brand?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they are worth it as far as a bolt on goes... if you upgrade to a SC it will hurt you though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
don't know if it's going to take a 10th of but it's workth a try. i have heard that the steeda pulleys are good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got some steeda pullies in my garage if you're interested...also have a timing adjuster too..I'll cut you a good deal :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
As has been mentioned - if your heading towards a SC then do not bother with the pullies :hammer:

However, if you do decide to get a set, stay with a set that has the harmonic balancer built into them (like the Steedas), stay away from the piggy-back style - you will have headaches with them.

Have fun :banana:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
asilver2001gt said:
I've got some steeda pullies in my garage if you're interested...also have a timing adjuster too..I'll cut you a good deal :D
How much for the pullies? I will get them. I am waiting for the superchargers to drop in price. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RDS02Stang said:
As has been mentioned - if your heading towards a SC then do not bother with the pullies :hammer:

However, if you do decide to get a set, stay with a set that has the harmonic balancer built into them (like the Steedas), stay away from the piggy-back style - you will have headaches with them.

Have fun :banana:
Thanks! piggyback= like bbk and such?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I get the vortech, Is my predator good to use with it, prolly until a certain psi or should I get a pms?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
triple post! nice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pulleys are a nice little mod that is not that expensive. But like mentioned above make sure they are not piggyback style. Steeda makes one as does March. But be careful if you order from March. They also have pulleys that are piggybacked. Marchs look killer in the polished pieces.

And if you do get the Vortech for your car you are going to need a tune. The Predator will not be able to do the job for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
nice yellow mach, gorgeous car, nice RWHP and torque too

·
Registered
89 Posts
Brent said:
well if your getting a supercharger anytime soon pullies will be pointless

If you arent, then why not?

Every little thing helps
+1 I felt a nice little gain, but now I am supercharging... anyone want to buy some pulleys? less than a year old and in perfect condition! 94-98 alt and crank! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have the march pulleys and it made a nice difference for the money so if not s/c then id say get em nice replies guys keep up the good work.....

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Underdrive pullies are worth it as long as you dont buy into the 15 HP gain. You will see about 4 to 8 HP which for a 94-98 is a nice amount of gain for 70-80 bucks For 99= they tend to be about double the price but then again at $20 a HP that is not to bad

I would look for the cheapest price I really dont think one is really better than the other. I have MAC UDP's and could not be happier

1 - 20 of 32 Posts