Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Everyone in this thread is delusional.......if a thief wants your car they are gonna get it. No matter if your car has a curb or car in front of it or its in your garage. Its not that hard. Do you think a thief that is gonna strip your car and sell it for parts is worried about dragging it over a curb in order to hook it up? Be pro active about the security on your vehicle but if they want it they are gonna get it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Everyone in this thread is delusional.......if a thief wants your car they are gonna get it. No matter if your car has a curb or car in front of it or its in your garage. Its not that hard. Do you think a thief that is gonna strip your car and sell it for parts is worried about dragging it over a curb in order to hook it up? Be pro active about the security on your vehicle but if they want it they are gonna get it.

I think this thread changed midstream from thieves to legal tows. That was what I was referring to, legal tows.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Speed ---Speed --- Speed ---Speed --Speed

If they are going to steal your car by towing it away they sure have the equipment to just hook and go with it. They are not going to want to take the time to be fooling around with it.
Park it so they just can't do that and you are way better off then pulling it into a parking spot.
Chances are they don't want your Mustang anyway.

Another way they steal cars is to just stick a gun in your face and take it away from you.
Ronnie
PS: I found this list:

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/ford-f-250-has-highest-theft-rate-of-any-2010-12-vehicle-cadillac-escalade-drops-to-6th-on-list-after-years-on-top

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
If this thread was about towing, it somehow diverted to stealing...DDTCM's thoughts on stealing are very true...if they want it, they will get it. However, most thieves wants little to no attention; if there is an easier target, they will go after it, rather then one that requires more effort or attention to get at. Use common sense, and some of the presented ideas listed here to make it a bit more difficult to get your ride, and have the theif move on to an easier target.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I'd recommend you to buy some thick, anti-theft bollards for this kind of situation. I got mine at firstchoicebollards.com.au and I found them effective
1st post. Resurrect a 6 year old thread to plug in ground bollards as a way to prevent auto theft? Go away spammer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just get a manual transmission, that’ll protect you from 90% of the potential thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 28 of 28 Posts