Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Nah I'm not biased. I like my manual a lot more than my auto. What looks funny in an auto is when people floor it and have both hands on the wheel the entire time. The other funny thing is when autos try to rev at you. Unless you wanna get jerked forward you have to hit the brake and put it in neutral lol. Oh and my favorite is when people religiously use the e-brake in autos like there is an actual purpose. Your car isn't going to roll away! It won't even let you take the key out until it's in park.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nah I'm not biased. I like my manual a lot more than my auto. What looks funny in an auto is when people floor it and have both hands on the wheel the entire time. The other funny thing is when autos try to rev at you. Unless you wanna get jerked forward you have to hit the brake and put it in neutral lol. Oh and my favorite is when people religiously use the e-brake in autos like there is an actual purpose. Your car isn't going to roll away! It won't even let you take the key out until it's in park.

Too funny... I also think its funny when I'm trying to be cool as I pass people who are checking out my car and then I miss freakin third gear. Or what about being at the light with lots of traffic behind ya and as soon as the light turn green I freakin stall out... even worse when forgetting that the car is in gear when you crank it up then completely dump the clutch thinking its in neutral. Fun fun times with the ol' MT82 lol...

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Lol. I learned how to drive manual on a 2011 gt500. I can only imagine what people thought when I frequently stalled out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
They might have made fun, but deep down they all wished they had that car! Someday I hope to own one! Back it into a garage, pull it out only to rub on it, then back it right back in!!!

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Lol. Yeah my payment was higher than I wanted it to be. It was definitely an impulse buy and traded it 2 months after I bought it actually. It wasn't the payment that bothered me the most though, it was how slow the car felt. The 5.4's power band is way different and it's faster than my 5.0 for sure, but it really didn't feel that much faster driving around on the street. I
know a tune and pulley swap would have fixed that, but trading it lowered payment by 250 which is nice. I thought about getting a 14 gt500, but I'm going to hold out to see what's in store for 2015.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Let's see all drag racing cars pro stock are auto. I had a 6mt for a yr got tired of it always grinding into 2nd. Got a auto with a tune and now smooth as butter and can roast tires all the way up until 3 rd. really depends on you and the people who say autos don't belong in a mustang see ya at the track. Plus it's a lot easier to get head in a auto just saying lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
I used to work at a Ford dealership so I drove multiple manual GTs and GT500s. I do like the "connection" with the car that you get with the manual, but I ended up buying an Auto. Why? because I hate driving manual in Boston bumper to bumper traffic. if I lived in Florida or a state with open roads and little traffic, or if I had the $ to have a weekend car, i'd have a manual all day. I love my auto though, shifts great in Drive and the select shift is almost instantaneous.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Manuals = more fun, more work and will always be less durable than an equivalent automatic because of the human error component.

There is nothing like a big V8 with a stick behind it, though, a quintessential Mustang experience since the 87-93 Foxbody days.

This car with a stick requires some specific driving habits to even be smooth, much less get the most out of it and most people these days can barely manage to confluence of attention between the busier roads and basic operation of a motor vehicle, without throwing in the distraction of having to shift your own gears.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
An automatic transmission in a Mustang GT is like Odoul's Non-Alcoholic Beer

May look and taste ok, but Whats the point?
Auto Trans should only be available in 3.7s

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a manual 2014 v6
In fact I learn how to drive manual in it. I test drive a auto before and the shifting is very fast and smooth. But I love my manual because it feels like I'm actually controlling the car and feel how the car feel.

·
Registered
153 Posts
An automatic transmission in a Mustang GT is like Odoul's Non-Alcoholic Beer

May look and taste ok, but Whats the point?
Auto Trans should only be available in 3.7s

Haha... believe it or not but they actually have those in the chow halls over in Afghanistan and Iraq before we pulled out. I used to drink em like a champ lmfao!!!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
For drag strip, the auto is more consistent no doubt.

I prefer a standard because I can control it. I can choose to idle along at 800 rpms on a flat road, or do whatever I want. Also, they haven't perfected the auto to weigh less, and it still has more drive train loss.

They about even out, the user error and human factor on the standard verses the extra weight and extra loss of the auto.

For a drag car, auto. For a daily driver, has to be a standard. And the single clutch and dual clutch gear boxes make no differences, most companies have dropped dual clutches, actually.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts