Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wanting to replace the engine in my car due to high mileage and usage of oil, which seems to be common on the 4.6 SOHC, back since it's inception in 91. When these engine seem to hit around 80-90k miles, they use some oil. I have since replaced valve seals a while back, and helped it for a while, but now I am passing oil thru the rings, and it is affecting performance. I'd overhaul the engine, but I'd much rather just update it with a newer engine, 99 or newer with the PI heads. My first question is, are the engines out of Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, and Towncar, as well as F & E Series, the same block and heads out of a Mustang, or are they differnent and how? Second question is, I am looking to see if anyone is selling or knows anyone selling this engine in question, so I may be able to purchase? :eek::

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Someone recently purchased a police special 02 Crown Victoria, 4.6L, according to the specs he posted its not the same engine and is short about 35 or 40 hp compared to the 99+ GTs.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Or just drop a 5.4 in it & call it a day.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
old post o well, my 02 PI vic has PI heads and a diffrent motor then pre 02's. i want to some day drop my 6 and put in a P71 4.6L v8 into my stang as for the specs i put on my motor (in the vic) yeah dont know why they are lower then the 99+ GT's but i think i was wrong, unless its in the tranny and rear ends. cause i have a 3.73 rear with T loc on the vic, and the tranny is set up to shift better and has a tranny cooler, and my motor has no rev lim. and it idles at a faster speed to keep the alt. moving to keep up power.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sounds like a nice car! :thumbs2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts