Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, decided to plasti dip some hash marks/ rally stripes on the side of the mustang. I've done it twice now and every time I'm done I let it dry and come back outside to find it all full of bubbles. Is there anyway to get these bubbles out? Am I spraying wrong or something. I cleaned and used alcohol prep to make sure the surface was entirely clean. Please help!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
What's the temp outside or where you're working. Make sure the bottle is warm. I know if it's cold out it sprays bubbles. But anyway I've never had these problems and I've dipped a lot of stuff. I have never used rubbing alcohol to clean it off first.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, maybe that's the reason. It's like 30 degrees out here haha. Also now that you mention it where the sun is shining that portion is bubble free. But the parts that's in the shadows away from the sun is all bubbly....... well crap that could be my problem.... all that plastidip wasted!!!!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Yeah I would wait till it's nice out and the sun is evenly dispersed over the spots you dip.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
i'm gonna agree on the weather...either wait for a warmer day or go to a garage with a heater

·
Abominable Mustang
1,848 Posts
You could also soak the plasti-dip can in warm water to warm up the paint itself too. I've found that it works for me.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I started my four wheeler and put it by the header and warmed it up like that lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Its the weather and humidity ...both can cause bubbling when drying. Keep the temp above 55 on the can if your gonna spray in cold weather. I use a heat gun and warm up the can top to bottom then shake then repeat then spray. Repeat as needed

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanks for all the help. We have a few days in the 60's with plenty of sunshine this week. I'll try then.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
i'm gonna agree on the weather...either wait for a warmer day or go to a garage with a heater
Thats where I do my spraying, my garage is heated. It helps to be able to control the humidity as well. Temp and humidity can have big effects on paint/plasti dip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts