Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an armor all pack with a few different products in it. I have heard the the dashboard cleaner isnt good. It came with the origional protectant, interior cleaning wipes, tuff stuff (a multipurpose foam cleaner for fabric, carpet and vinyl, tire gloss (foaming), a wash and glass cleaner. I just wanted to see if any of yall have used any of it and what you thought of it, or if you know of any dashs cracking because of it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got an armor all pack with a few different products in it. I have heard the the dashboard cleaner isnt good. It came with the origional protectant, interior cleaning wipes, tuff stuff (a multipurpose foam cleaner for fabric, carpet and vinyl, tire gloss (foaming), a wash and glass cleaner. I just wanted to see if any of yall have used any of it and what you thought of it, or if you know of any dashs cracking because of it.
I got something similar, if not the same pack. I would also like to know.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
good question cause i use the armor all protectant wipes on my dash and I keep hearing people say not to use them.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i don't use any AA product but the wheel protectant....the wash isn't bad, and the tuff stuff that comes in the kit works ok, but don't use the dash protectant...that stuff is murder on vinyl

·
Registered
91 Posts
i don't use any AA product but the wheel protectant....the wash isn't bad, and the tuff stuff that comes in the kit works ok, but don't use the dash protectant...that stuff is murder on vinyl
Agree!! The more you using Armor All for the dash, faster the vinyl will dry and it will crack on sunlight... BTW, when your purchase your car brand new at the dealership, there is no gloss finish on your dash.. So my way, i just using some clean water with a microfiber towel and i got the original finish and i keep my vinyl free of cracking!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just a question here. But does anyone have any actual proof of Armor All causing your dash to crack?.. Reason I'm asking is because I've used the stuff since I bought my first car back in 1998. I even use it on my leather, and I'm the only one that I know who doesn't have any cracks or any other problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just a question here. But does anyone have any actual proof of Armor All causing your dash to crack?.. Reason I'm asking is because I've used the stuff since I bought my first car back in 1998. I even use it on my leather, and I'm the only one that I know who doesn't have any cracks or any other problems.
My 2 bits:
In the 70's, you had AA and that was pretty much it. Some used WD40(yuck) Dash's were also crap and usually would split at the speaker perforations. I used AA on my Power Wagon since new and on others and never had a problem.
A friend rubbed it on his dash and it split. It wasn't the AA, it was a neglected dash that split from pressure. Dash material is better now and I would not worry about it.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
The issues that I have heard is that once the AA is used over and over then stopped,that's when the dry rot starts.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Ok so in short, people are just saying Armor All is bad for your car just based off what they heard. And less about fact. Now I'll agree it's not the best out there, personally I like Meguiars the most, but it's not a bad product. Especially for the price.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The issues that I have heard is that once the AA is used over and over then stopped,that's when the dry rot starts.
Yes from what I heard as long as you keep up with it you are fine, it's once you use it over a period of time than just stop that it may start to crack, that's also just what I heard and have never had it crack my dash...I like the stuff, it's cheap that's a plus too

·
5,980 Posts
I still say it's a bad product because IMO it's cheap. It sprays and spreads like water which means you have to use more. I worked for a detail shop that was about quanity not quality and their method of dressing the interior was to soak it with AA and use the air hose to spread it. It a fast method that works but it's a horrible way to dress a cars interior. When you work at reputable shop that has high quality materials it's hard to go back to the cheaper stuff.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I still say it's a bad product because IMO it's cheap. It sprays and spreads like water which means you have to use more. I worked for a detail shop that was about quanity not quality and their method of dressing the interior was to soak it with AA and use the air hose to spread it. It a fast method that works but it's a horrible way to dress a cars interior. When you work at reputable shop that has high quality materials it's hard to go back to the cheaper stuff.
I use the wipes... Wouldn't use the spray

·
5,980 Posts
So how do y'all get into the cracks in the dash,gauges,steering,shifter,ect ect ect and in your air vents with a wipe?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
DDTCM said:
So how do y'all get into the cracks in the dash,gauges,steering,shifter,ect ect ect and in your air vents with a wipe?
I have brushes and tools I use to get wipes in tight spots. Meguires user here, doesn't leave a sheen or slippery surface. I use aa on the work truck because it's cheap. Everything gets a liberal coating once a month or so. 01 f250 with 190k on it. No issues thus far

1 - 20 of 43 Posts