Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I have your attention lol
Does anyone know if I can put a sticker or something over this? It just annoys me everytime I look at it haha and now I don't want to use my other key because I'm worried I'll scratch it ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439432452.344781.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Scrape the rest of it off, clean it with rubbing alcohol, tape around it and hit it with Krylon. Match the color of your stang for *****s and giggles.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in that case I'll put the ol sharpie to it ? and I wanted to use my new key because I think my battery was getting weak in my other remote but I just swapped the batteries and will see what kind of difference it makes now, my damn remote start wasn't working till I was like 15 feet away

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
And for your good key, maybe a piece of clear plastic film (like for protecting phone screens) can be applied?

I noticed the same problem on the key I use, and wound up buying a used key off of eBay that had the logo intact and swapped out the shell. I then resold the used key + my old shell and recovered most of my money. :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm the same way. my other key is perfect so I don't wanna use it lol. actually when my key seems to not open the car from far away and stuff, I always think it's bad. but i open it up, take the battery out and pop it back in and it works great again. kinda weird.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
actually when my key seems to not open the car from far away and stuff, I always think it's bad. but i open it up, take the battery out and pop it back in and it works great again. kinda weird.
I've had this problem too, and found that putting a dab of dielectric grease (petroleum jelly works in a pinch) on the two battery contacts in the fob will fix this. There's some grease on there from the factory, but it might have gone away.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I need to try this. My remote works about 50/50 from 20ft away. Any further and there's no point in pushing the button.

Sent from my #racecar

·
Registered
765 Posts
Next time your remote won't work hold your key to your head and hit the button.

I know it sounds ridiculous and I'm not just saying this to make you look stupid. For some reason it actually works.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
149 Posts

I know it sounds ridiculous and I'm not just saying this to make you look stupid. For some reason it actually works.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

It's true!!! Put it under your chin and have it touching your skin and your remote will reach twice as far!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

ahh, the old "use brainwaves as an antenna for your key fob" trick! the higher your iq, the further the reach!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not exactly how it works but just try it you'll either be laughing because it worked or laughing because you know you look like a goof ball and got tricked into doing it. Either way you'll be laughing.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
No, don't listen to these guys you'll look stupid. The actual method is to put it down your pants and mash the button. Waggle everything around until you find what direction works best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts