Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard you knew a lot about the 232 engine so I have a few questions for you. I am planning on adding the Roots blower to my 232. The problem is I want to spray Nitrous (25 or 50 shot).I am planning to order cam, valve springs, pedestal rockers, ported heads, forged bottom end and hydraulic pistons and rebuild my engine all at once then add Nitrous. What should my compression be to handle the supercharger (set at 15 psi when I am done with engine rebuild).And do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
XMustangx2002 said:
I heard you knew a lot about the 232 engine so I have a few questions for you. I am planning on adding the Roots blower to my 232. The problem is I want to spray Nitrous (25 or 50 shot).I am planning to order cam, valve springs, pedestal rockers, ported heads, forged bottom end and hydraulic pistons and rebuild my engine all at once then add Nitrous. What should my compression be to handle the supercharger (set at 15 psi when I am done with engine rebuild).And do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
I'm gonna clarify a few ponits for you. All our rockers are pedestal rockers, but
I think you mean roller rockers.
No such thing as a hydraulic piston. Factory pistons are hypereutectic. Aftermarket are either hypereutectic or forged.
If you want a roots blower I would recommend against nitrous. Spend your
money on a QUALITY intercooler and you'll make more power, more reliably
and you won't have to refill.
8.5:1 CR will be great for that. If you must run nitrous I'd say maybe 8.2:1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok thanx alot for clearing some things up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts