Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a nice simple amp and sub nothing to big- was thinking one 10 inch sub and amp looking for suggestions on good companies!!! ??

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Planet Audio.

And stay away from Sony, the price may be good, but thats about the only thing good about them.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I am partial to Kicker. I love my K57s in the doors and deck right now. That was really all the bass I needed. After I get that amp and swap the front speakers out for the component version, that's gonna be it for me.

So, I say a 10" Kicker CompVR. I think Kicker still sell it in a ported box for pretty cheap.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
DMAC said:
planet audio is pretty nice, are there any other companies in mind?????
Planet Audio Kicker Fosgate are the main ones

Alpine is good but not cheap

If you want a cheap system buy my Planet Audio amp and buy a 10" CompVr in a side vented box

less than 300 dollar system that sounds nice

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
New Fosgate subs suck IMO, I'd go with either Kicker, Audiobahn, uh...Eclipse maybe... MTX if you're cheap...but never Sony

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
Yeh..if you don't mind a 4 year old having more bass out of their tonka truck....

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I just haven't had any good experiences with Bazooka...too many people buy one and try to sound like they have 2 12s. Bothers the **** out of me....

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I only have 2 8s. And my system does sound pretty damn good. :p:

The only things that I don't like about it is it makes my trunk rattle (trying to take care of that) and I have no volume control, haha. Turn it up 2x, it's too loud for conversation. Ask Nate.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
To make your trunk not rattle get some sound deadening material, put rubber around your trunk hinges and where the trunk connects to car. Make sure all bolts are tight. It took me about 2 months of tightening stuff in my car to stop the rattle, then I got a spoiler.. so I gave up lol.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
i think a lot of it is my spoiler. I've been using styrofoam on the impact points of the trunk, which helps until the styrofoam is dead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts