Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Only thing I like it that with a tuner you can choose your shifts points where you can't with manual. But I guess technically you can since your the one changing gears.
oh really i didnt know that? i bought a tuner a few weeks ago but sent it to sct to have it unlocked. i have a custom tune made for me already but how do u choose ur shift points?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I wouldn't recommend you changing them yourself. With a tune that is gonna be written you'll feel the difference when the car shifts. All I would recommend you doing yourself is removing speed limiter and you can adjust the rev limiter
oh ok. well i already have a custom email tune. im just waiting on my tuner to get back so i can upload it. hopefully i'll feel a difference. how do u remove the speed limiter?

·
Registered
315 Posts
On the sct you go threw the menu and it gives you options to adjust to... my 99 has a shift pack in it and a tuner with the shift points messed with and when this car shifts and your on the throttle you def know it shifted... i hate automatic also but this car makes auto fun if i want to mess around... my old fox body i made it 5 speed it wasnt hard to change at all i got the trans fly wheel, clutch, pedals shifter, clutch cable and that's it... easy swap and lots of fun

1 - 20 of 27 Posts