Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it take to put a manual in my 1987 gt? What would be involved? What needs to be changed? Modified? Replaced? How long? The only reason I would do this is because I want a hurst shifter and they are more fun for a dd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Why swap to T5? For probably about the same cost you can get a decent shift kit for your AOD and a 3000 stall and it will really liven it up!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
422 Posts
SmokedLX said:
Why swap to T5? For probably about the same cost you can get a decent shift kit for your AOD and a 3000 stall and it will really liven it up!
Because its a mustang and should be a manual. There is no better feeling than banging gears thru town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
Because its a mustang and should be a manual. There is no better feeling than banging gears thru town.
True..but manuals not for everyone, to say every mustang should be a manual is a bit extreme...but yes, nothing like a beautiful sunny day with the top down bangin gears around town
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Because its a mustang and should be a manual. There is no better feeling than banging gears thru town.
I'll admit slamming gears is fun sometimes but I guess it depends on personality. I prefer having my T handle shifter just cruising around then when a light changes yellow on me, just simply put the pedal to the floor and the AOD slams down to second instantly with the shift kit :D then when you make it thru the yellow the speed camera snaps you for going 70mph thru the intersection :cry:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
422 Posts
SmokedLX said:
I'll admit slamming gears is fun sometimes but I guess it depends on personality. I prefer having my T handle shifter just cruising around then when a light changes yellow on me, just simply put the pedal to the floor and the AOD slams down to second instantly with the shift kit :D then when you make it thru the yellow the speed camera snaps you for going 70mph thru the intersection :cry:
Iv never driven an auto with a shift kit before and autos are definitely more consistent at the track but to me thats where the fun and the challenge is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Iv never driven an auto with a shift kit before and autos are definitely more consistent at the track but to me thats where the fun and the challenge is.
Also depends on if you're building a track car or a daily driver. Its hard to drive a manual downtown while holding soda cups and fast food :p:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
422 Posts
SmokedLX said:
Also depends on if you're building a track car or a daily driver. Its hard to drive a manual downtown while holding soda cups and fast food :p:
Lol especially since ford decided foxes didnt need cup holders!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
422 Posts
Well luckily for me the guy i bought my car from gave me one that goes in between the passenger seat and center console. Works pretty good but the E-Brake handle hits it
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top