Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i just got an awesome tune from Justin at VMP, tuned for 87 in the winter months and the car is fierce. Shift points are prefect shifts are firm and neck snapping at WOT, my only concern is with the pressure raised will it cause any significant damage to the valve body or the trans itself. I had a 95 Tbird with a first generation 4R70W trans, and when i upped the line pressure on that with a tune, i blew the transmission up, i then went and got a performance valve body with the tune and it shifted amazing. I know that the 4R75W is leaps and bounds over the first generation 4R70W, however i still don't have 2k to drop on a transmission, so to the point, are these tunes safe that up the line pressure and shift firmness? or should i also look into a shift kit or valve body (even tho they don't make them for the 4R75W). I also noticed at WOT when it shifts i get a squeak and its not the tires lol. I do have a trans cooler installed to help keep the fluid nice and cool as well, any thoughts?

·
Registered
214 Posts
i got my tuner from VMP in 2009, havent had any problems, i have the 87 gas saving, 87 performance and 93 performance tunes

·
Registered
214 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts