Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the first points event for the Great River Region SCCA in davenport last weekend. Ok, so I came in 4th out of 4 cars, but I wasn't driving my car. Mine is currently still scattered all over my garage. I drove my Fiancee's stock 00' mustang. STX is a hard class for a stock mustang. :) I managed to keep up with my friends WRX though. Until the last run where he beat me by a half second. :( So close.

Anyway, My car will be back together for this weekends race. I'm really looking forward to seeing how my car will run with the new cam and heads.

P.S. I'm the new autoX moderator here, so Hello everybody. Post away :)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I wish there was autox closer to me ...

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
hooray for davenport!! you were about 2 miles from where im from :) good ol bettendorf

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danger Dude said:
Well welcome to the moderators group. I think you were an excellent choice for this area.

Congrats!!!
Why thank you. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure, Autocross is generally held in a parking lot. They set up a track with hairpins, and sweeping corners, slaloms (sp?) all kinds of fun stuff. Sort of like an obstacle course for cars. The course is set up with traffic cones set up in pairs as gates. You ahve to drive your car through all the gates in order and you are timed. You usually don't get much past 60 MPH but you will experiance more driving than an formula one driver(read that in an autocross book). The turns are constant and you get to learn exactly what your car is capable of. Your car can do just fine. All cars are classed based on their model as well as what mods you have done. Cosmetic stuff like body kits and spoilers and stuff don't count as mods. They will tell you what class you can run based on your car when you take it through tech prior to the race start.
Check on the official solo II (what they call autocross in the Sports Car Club of America) website here:Solo II

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ok so this is like one car at a time? This isn't like a racetrack with multiple cars going at it Le'Man's style then?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sometimes there will be two cars on the track at the same time but it's not head to head racing. In that case they start one car and then once that car is safely ahead, the next car will start. It's a time race only.

And MAN is it fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts