Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get into autocross for a long time, I finally have a vehicle that can race!!

Does anybody race in autocross? How long have you done it for?

I have been looking for places near the Pensacola Florida area and I absolutely cannot find anything.....

Can somebody help me out with that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I think my car will be awesome in a auto cross I want to do one soo bad!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Check out posts from Venomouz831...

If I remember right, he autoX regularly and posts lists of great info.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out posts from Venomouz831...

If I remember right, he autoX regularly and posts lists of great info.
Thanks!

I just found him!

His vids are cool! But he's in California.... Nowhere near Florida!

He will prolly stop by this thread if he sees it!

Oh!

And I have been designing a mount for my iPhone similar to what you did! I am getting ready to make a prototype of sorts!

I'll post some pics when I get it done!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Autocross is usually held in large open parking lots. Really short, twisty obstacle courses. I'd look for a local club or event organizer and go from there. Road racing is a whole different animal though.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Hey, I autoX and the season is going to start sometime late this month. It's super fun and competitive! What kind of info you need?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Can u do it on intermediate LICENCES?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm looking into getting into with a friend through SCCA this summer. Already got a matching helmet! Go to scca.com and look for your region.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, I autoX and the season is going to start sometime late this month. It's super fun and competitive! What kind of info you need?
Well I have looked even on the SCCA website and I can't find anything near Pensacola Fl.

But googling it shows they used to do it at a place called the fair grounds in pesacola...

It looks like it hasn't been done in my area in a
While...

But wow!! Looks like there's a lot of people on here that enjoy Auto X!

I will keep digging and see if I can find anything!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Any tips for a novice such as myself??

I used to motocross race until I cracked my sternum. Decided the risk wasent worth it anymore.

I want to get back Into racing! Thought I'd try out autocross!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well I have looked even on the SCCA website and I can't find anything near Pensacola Fl.

But googling it shows they used to do it at a place called the fair grounds in pesacola...

It looks like it hasn't been done in my area in a
While...

But wow!! Looks like there's a lot of people on here that enjoy Auto X!

I will keep digging and see if I can find anything!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Any tips for a novice such as myself??

I used to motocross race until I cracked my sternum. Decided the risk wasent worth it anymore.

I want to get back Into racing! Thought I'd try out autocross!
Seat time and familiarity with your car is most important. You don't need the craziest modified car to autocross, just focus on improving your lap times every time you go out, and have fun!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
left foot braking is what i'm practicing a lot right now...at first it was crazy hard lol, but now i'm getting it down pat and it's become easier to transition from braking to accelerating.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
left foot braking is what i'm practicing a lot right now...at first it was crazy hard lol, but now i'm getting it down pat and it's become easier to transition from braking to accelerating.
Why do you need to do that??

How do you use the clutch if your left foot is busy Breaking?

Or
Do you wait till the last moment to switch gears?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Why do you need to do that??

How do you use the clutch if your left foot is busy Breaking?

Or
Do you wait till the last moment to switch gears?
Sorry if I just made myself sound like an idiot!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if you're a 5 speed don't worry about it...im in an auto so it's possible for me.

although if i recall there's a method kinda like it for manual users

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I would just say that power in autoX isn't everything in fact it's maybe one of the minor things. Handling and brakes I would say to upgrade first. Don't be scared to let it rip since that's why you are there for, take you're time on the first one and get a feel for it and the course. Also arive early to see how the track is and we're to hit the apex.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts